Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey u know those tv map thingy than the expensive mercedes have?? i don tknwo wats it called but its like a small t.v and u type in teh location where u want to go and the screeen shows ure the way~ i think u know what i mean
well anyways i was wondering if its possible to add this hardwar on a supra??? and if so how much would it cost ?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i think what your refering to is a "navigation system"

yah..you could get it..but you have to buy a screen unit to display it and the actual navagation dvd unit itself. not all is dvd, i think. i know Alpine is dvd. Pioneer has one too...so does kenwood, but dont know what format they use.

hope that helps.

teo

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navigation sys

yeah thats it the nav system~
so u have to buy 2 hardwars??? the screen and hte dvd???
is there one wil its all in 1 unit and how much would it cost??

and last will it fit in teh supra?

·
6 speed pimp
68 Posts
my friend just got done installing a new navigation/dvd system into his truck. He used the alpine CVA-1006 fold out monitor and the alpine NVE-N852A navigation system. both are din sizes so they will fit in the supra. He also put in a playstation 2 as his dvd player. Alpine stuff is top quality but its also real expensive. I think both items together retail for ~3000. Pioneer and kenwood probably have cheaper products that will get the job done.

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cost

nice~ so around 3000k then
hmm looks like i gotta save up more money ehhehe
well i have another questions once u get the nav system installed
do u have to pay monthly bills for the nav system???
like for example to pay liek 10 bucks a month to recieve the maps for ure nav system daily... its hard to explain so basicaly im jstu asking that once u buy the system u dont have to pay extra montly fee's to use the system

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have Pioneer NAV system in my supra. There is no monthly fee. Once the system is setup. You can use it all you want. Sometimes you have to buy an updated version of the map, and that is all.

·
S U P R A M A N
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome

GREAT!!! WHEW no monthly fees
ok here i go and buy a nav system
btw how does the nav system that uses DVD work???
like the dvd has the maps or sumthing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts