Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of a Mapecu2 for my 1jzvvti and came across the 3 on there website.

And the 3 is cheaper than most us retailers sell the 2. Has there been a price reduction?

Mike

·
2JZ S13
2,220 Posts
so the Mapecu3 has a higher Mapsensor (35 to 42psi) and has Wifi and a better launch control pretty much?

·
Registered
237 Posts
From what I have read it does allow you to raise your rev limit. I will be getting it for my truck in the next couple of months then doing a tune. It also has the ability to run 2 tunes (street/track) at the flick of a switch. Looks like it will be a good unit and will let you all know what I think of it once installed and tuned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would up grade my ecu2 and get the ecu3 if it would raise the rev limit . Oh well maybe the ecu 4 will raise the revs.
It doesn't raise the rev limiter. The NOS and Launch Control now have speed inputs so the NOS function is pretty much rivals the best NOS controllers (TPS/pressure/RPM/Speed). The launch control can also retard ignition timing (like anti-lag) and there is a Lean Boost Retard function to pull ignition timing if you run lean under boost. There is another general purpose analog input/output that can be used for an additional FCD, etc., and all the inputs, e.g. TPS/O2, can be remapped to any function. The unit is also USB which makes life a lot easier for laptops. You can also select and tune large blocks of the fuel/timing tables real-time which makes tuning much faster. Before you had to offline, change multiple zones and then upload the tables. The connect process is also much faster as it only uploads the data that your changed offline.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not sure why you say the 2JZ-GE ECU fights the MAP-ECU2 because it is not a particularly smart OEM ECU and the only fighting occurs from the OEM O2 sensor. All KVF sensor based ECU's are more sensitive to tuning because they are frequency based and a 1Hz change can make a big difference to fuel. The mistake many people make is that they try and tune a KVF system like a MAF when it is not as forgiving. You must tune low load zones in "constant" mode with changes of "1". The other mistake with a MAP-ECU and MAP-ECU2 is that people leave values less that 16 in the fuel table which is the same as a zero. This is a a no-no with any KVF. In terms of fixes, the MAP-ECU3 outputs frequencies down to 1Hz so the 16 limit is no longer there. The other recommendation with a 2JZ-GE is to disconnect the OEM O2 sensor to prevent feedback.

Hope that helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.