Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I have had a few members (and locals) interested in purchasing my '97 Supra Limited Edition and it seems we always get stuck at deciding on a price. For full transparency, I have not been looking to buy one, so my only frame of reference for pricing comes from eBay and other online sources.

That said, I have a 1997 NA AT hardtop with ~104K miles. It is about 99% (speakers upgraded) stock with no engine mods. It is white, very straight with good to above average paint. It is a base model with a cloth interior. The interior is essentially all stock as well. It runs well with no known issues and has been always garaged since I owned it. If it matters I am a 60+ year old....ha

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very lovely car. The closest comp I can think of is there was a white SE (1995?) this summer on Facebook marketplace out of Georgia? I believe it had closer to 130,000 miles but was also all stock and in good condition. It was listed at $60,000 then the ad was taken down shortly after. I’m not sure anyone here knows what it sold for. Being yours is low mileage, hardtop and the ‘97 special edition I feel $60,000 would be a plenty fair starting point.

·
Registered
152 Posts
IDK, if that thrashed red SE with 250k mi on BaT went for near $50k after buyers premium I’d say surely this car should be worth more. In my opinion…

·
Administrator
9,659 Posts
IDK, if that thrashed red SE with 250k mi on BaT went for near $50k after buyers premium I’d say surely this car should be worth more. In my opinion…
Bring a trailer is a bubble mind you. More often then not bring a trailer numbers require you to sell on bringatrailer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you’re thinking about selling, now is the time. It’s hard to predict future prices of collector cars, but one thing I do know is these will only be collectors for a certain age group, and future cars and projects will be electric.
6 months ago 2JZ GTE VVTI complete engines with automatic gearbox we’re selling for $10,000 Canadian, today the same package isn’t bringing in $7500. This is the high water mark imho, if you want out, it’s time.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
there is a very limited supply of these cars. the demand is not going away. disagree we are at a high water mark. Tons of guys 40 years old age range making very good money for another 30 years. That right there = demand. prices are not going down imho

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very lovely car. The closest comp I can think of is there was a white SE (1995?) this summer on Facebook marketplace out of Georgia? I believe it had closer to 130,000 miles but was also all stock and in good condition. It was listed at $60,000 then the ad was taken down shortly after. I’m not sure anyone here knows what it sold for. Being yours is low mileage, hardtop and the ‘97 special edition I feel $60,000 would be a plenty fair starting point.
Thank you for your feedback!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

there is a very limited supply of these cars. the demand is not going away. disagree we are at a high water mark. Tons of guys 40 years old age range making very good money for another 30 years. That right there = demand. prices are not going down imho

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My next question is where do you recommend listing it? Also, I should have added it is LHD with a clean CarFax. Thanks again!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, I'd find a price you're comfortable with and post it on sites and forums such as these, and FB marketplace, etc. On BaT you always run a risk of getting more than what you expect, but that also goes both ways.

As mentioned, BaT is kind of in a bubble right now (as is the current world economy), so my guess is you'd have a great chance of getting a really good price there. I'd make sure to get every nook and cranny detailed, professional pictures taken (to be honest the BaT price is pretty decent) and give it a go.

·
Administrator
9,659 Posts
Bat if you're willing to get professional photos, 2-3 videos, negotiate a reserve and wait 3-4 weeks to get listed. I've sold most supras on here or ebay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you’re taking this way too personally and you’re forgetting the fact that internal combustion engines and turbo chargers are basically on life support as A technology at this time. Electric cars are faster, simpler, and don’t require a “drivetrain.” People are already modifying electric cars for track use, and there’s even a guy putting a retrofit in a MK4 on Reddit. Tuners are also moving to electric, it’s the next trend. Like maybe price for Japanese sports cars goes up a little bit for another year or 3, but a decade from now?

·
Administrator
9,659 Posts
I think you’re taking this way too personally and you’re forgetting the fact that internal combustion engines and turbo chargers are basically on life support as A technology at this time. Electric cars are faster, simpler, and don’t require a “drivetrain.” People are already modifying electric cars for track use, and there’s even a guy putting a retrofit in a MK4 on Reddit. Tuners are also moving to electric, it’s the next trend. Like maybe price for Japanese sports cars goes up a little bit for another year or 3, but a decade from now?
You don't get it at all...I'm sorry.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Theres a black 95 SE AT Hardtop on FB marketplace today with 81k mi for $50k, it looked real clean.

Are all the VIN tags on your car?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, you have the exact same miles as my 98 na/auto (but targa). Mine's completely factory like yours too. I think the estimates (45-60k) given are about right for a clean title, well maintained Supra. Good luck with your sale.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts