Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a question. I’m looking into buying an mk4 supra that has a turbo kit and catless exhaust. Did any of u have any problem with the state inspection for Maryland? I know it will definitely fail for no cats but how about the aftermarket turbo itself. I appreciate any information u can provide. I called shops and all they give is the generic, all cars going through inspection must have original emission components.
Thanks

·
Blue Thunder
3,502 Posts
Most places I use don't check for cats for MSI. It won't fail for a single turbo either. I've never failed emissions for not having cats either.

Most places are just happy to see a MK4 ! If you in Anne Arundel hit me up....i have a guy.

B

ps: If you have 93-94 u can get Street Rod or Historic tags and don't need no stinking MSI !!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Catless is an automatic fail. Depends where you are for emission, as not every region/county has to do it. But as $9ktt said, it's best you know a person to "pass through"

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
All Supras are over 20 years old, So you do not need a MD inspection to get historic tags etc. And you will not need to go through emissions ever either. SO not sure what the problem is. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts