Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Is that my briefcase?
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a radiator shroud, will it defeat the purpose of keeping the stock "ram air" piece? I like how the max air box has an opening for the piece to funnel into it. However, I don't see how the "ram air" piece can get any air if the radiator shroud is blocking off airflow. Then I'll have an opening in my max air box for nothing :scratch:
Any suggestions on which way to go with it? Should I scrap the ram air pipe, the radiator shroud, or keep them both? Excuse the old picture, my powerhouse racing radiator shroud was not installed yet.

I also posted a 2nd picture of a car with the max air box installed. Thanks to MVP's website =)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the max air box installed, but from a further back view, so the whole engine bay area is in view? I'm curious to see how it looks, as this will probably be the next mod

·
4 T's and an X
2,117 Posts
If you have a power radiator, that ram air piece wont work. I kave the Koyo and they are too thick for that piece. I just bought some thermal wrap and covered up that hole

·
Is that my briefcase?
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is another pic I found of the installed kit. I'm not sure what I am going to do. If there is any performace gain in leaving the ram air piece, then maybe I'll just scrap the radiator shroud. Although the gaping hole down infront of my intake is probably good enough.

·
Registered
158 Posts
here is mine. i bought a knock-off from ebay. so I had no elbow or filter. I just used a ricer ractive one from Partsource and a piece of old intercooler piping to make the elbow. saved tons of money and works great :D. the fitment of it was excellent, and I am very satisfied.

·
Registered
594 Posts
aznzebra , which FMIC do you have installed on your car?? its not the greedy 3row is it?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry to go off subject but for those with the max air box, what type of weather seal stuff is used on the edges of the box??

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I would scrap the radiator shroud and let the scoop add a nice supply of air to the box.

I know the claim is that the radiator shroud ensures airflow through the radiator but I think this is BS. Because if you don't have the shroud installed and the hood is shut, the rubber seal at the front is designed to do the very same thing (i.e. ensure air is directed through the radiator)..

·
Registered
158 Posts
aznzebra said:
here is mine. i bought a knock-off from ebay. so I had no elbow or filter. I just used a ricer ractive one from Partsource and a piece of old intercooler piping to make the elbow. saved tons of money and works great :D. the fitment of it was excellent, and I am very satisfied.

very nice :agreed:

·
Registered
158 Posts
thx. i love how it sounds too. and it does work, there is a difference in temperature when you put your hand in the box after a long drive.

·
Registered
594 Posts
EVL TTWN said:
Love my Max Air box. :naughty: Fluidyne radiator...

Haha nice! how in the hell did you manage to fit the shield with that 3row? I need to modify the one i have in order to fit.... :p

·
Is that my briefcase?
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone had problems with the top of the max air box leaving rub marks on the underneath of the hood ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts