Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering where I could get a diagram or specs on the MAX Air Box that is sold on the MVP motorsports website. I need the dimensions cuz I know someone who can fabricate me an airbox just like it. I'd need to get the "weather stripping" to complete the airbox but that doesn't seem like a problem. I have a greddy A2 intake and don't see myself paying almost $200 for something I can get made for almost nothing.

I was also wondering if anyone has the MAX Air Box and noticed performance gains after installing it in?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW the MVP motor sports site boasts an 8-10rwhp increase by using it. Can anyone confirm this?

"This kit is proven to add 8-10rwhp MORE than a regular alone intake such as the HKS Super Mega Flow."

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think the Max Air box gives the car more consistancy rather than hp since it can more easily maintain cooler operation.

As for the dimensions, I doubt anyone will give them to you. A board member designed the box and Dusty (this site's owner) sells them so I think they might want to keep that exclusive. Your best bet would be to either buy the box used or try to make your own without the specs.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess i gotta dish out some of the engineering skills, the degree has got to be worth something huh :)
I'll see what I can come up with his weekend.

Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
Make sure you add the thermal wrap. Lowered the intake temps as much as the box itself. The gain without the wrap will be half. You will also want to make the small connector so the air from the stock intake duct will still feed the air box.

You may be suprised how much it will cost you to make your own. Some items have a min. order qty. that make it costly to build only one airbox. Below is a list.

"MAX AIR" cost $259

Parts
K&N filter $65
Vinyl Trim (min. 10') $5
Weatherstripping (min 25') $29
MAF pipe $5
Rubber elbow $11
Thermal Wrap (min 20') $19
Misc fasteners $5
Aluminum sheet (not including any bending drilling or cutting) $25

As you can see you will have over $160 in parts alone. You will more than likely build more than one before you get everything right. You can still save almost $100 if you don't count your labor. You will spend a lot of time finding everything, building a template, and then building the air box. The decision is yours, but I thought you might want to have an idea of what your getting into.

Later, Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts