Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i just wanted to know how much boost all the peeps with automatics are usin and how much is safe. i just replaced my bhg with a stock one and arp studs torqued at 80 ft/lbs. i also got a full 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back, 2.5 inch intercooler hardpipes with ssqv bov, and a jonez mbc. Will i be safe at 12-14 psi or should i stay lower. i dont know how my auto will hold up to this.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
its diff on everyones car because of the trans. just keep slowly incressing the boost till the trans starts to slip then back it down a little.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
i would say 10psi... with those mods... reason being... on wot when you load into 3rd say hello to fco ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a upgrades ct26 57 trim and I run about 10 psi on stock intercooler and stock pipes with only a 3" dp. auto tranny and don't seem to have a problem with tranny. just make sure your tranny shifts quickly and make sure your tranny fluid is in good shape. also the amount of boost you can run is also dependant on the headgasket you have. with a stocker I wouldn't recomend more than about 10 or 11 psi of boost.
my 2 cents worth anyways

·
Registered
606 Posts
yeah most people forget about fuel cut (which is around 12 psi) so that ends the case of max. boost for most guys i test and tuned my EBC and it was ran 11.5 psi once last year but with my stock HG i de-tuned it. i dont think those mods will have enough power to harm the auto tranny, even if its rather weak.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thx for the input i thought fuel cut was at 14-15 psi or is that for manual only?

·
Registered
191 Posts
haha my buddy is running 13-14 psi on his auto all day long on a stock hg. been running great too :p

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i ran about 12-13psi everyday on my auto, lets just say im manual now

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i was only able to run 10 or 11 max with mine (shimmed wastegate) because on a shift it would jump up a couple psi and hit fuel cut. good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts