Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm going to be daily driving my car a lot and I'm going to be using 92oct pump gas and I need to know what the highest and safest boost I can hit on 92octane. I obviously don't want to break anything, so last night I capped the T where the boost controller was so the boost wouldn't be at 25psi :) .

I've seen some of you guys run 18psi on pumpgas, is that getting risky? I have a built fuel system with 1000cc injectors, so I'm just curious as to what it would be.
Here is my mod list and maybe one of you can possibly help me out so I don't blow my motor. I have about 1/2 tank left of 110octane, so I need to figure this out before I run out of the good gas :bigthumb:

Sound performance sp67 turbo kit polished & coated
Sound performance fuel rail/1000cc injectors -10 feedline twin pumps
Fully blueprinted engine w/ arp rod bolts, main studs, and head studs-
Full raceported head w/ 1mm over sized valves
Greddy 3 row intercooler-
4inch downpipe -
4inch midpipe -
4inch cat-back -
hks vpc
hks gcc
hks dli
hks triple disc clutch
TRD LSD rear end
FJO wideband w/ gauge display
autometer 30psi boost gauge
Tial BOV

ps. Moderators, if you think I would get a better answer in a different section, please feel free to move it there. Thanks guys :bigthumb:

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
actually you cannot figure it out UNTIL you run out of the good gas.

use your head, get a scan tool, start low 16psi, work your way up

92 octane with that should yeild you 19 psi safley.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Some people will tell you 15psi some 20psi some inbetween. For me I run no more than 16psi on pump 93. Its not worth the risk of blowing the motor. Only way to really know is to log the knock at certain boost levels and see how high you really want to go.

PS to the mods since this question comes up so often i think a sticky or something needs to made about pump gas boost.

edit:: well after looking above this thread I saw the boost vs octane thread. I think you should look there.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mad TKD said:
edit:: well after looking above this thread I saw the boost vs octane thread. I think you should look there.
:) Ya, your right, I should look there! Thanks for pointing that out to me :bigthumb:

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
Let me ask you, if you went to the expense of building your motor and useing arp rod bolts and head studs etc... why didnt you do rods and pistons at the same time ?

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ask the previous owner! I just picked up the car Monday night. I know the guy, so he gave me a great deal on the car, hints the reason I bought it. He has mutilple cars and only used this one on occasion, so he always ran 110. I am not only using this on weekends, and I can't afford 110 everyday, so I'm curious as to what 92oct pump gas is good for.
Thank and I hope this helps you understand a little better :)

So quit :stickpoke me :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts