Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wanted to know if any of you know whats the max boost i should set for my stock turbos.Thanx :)

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
rz1 said:
Hi guys just wanted to know if any of you know whats the max boost i should set for my stock turbos.Thanx :)
first search around (search button).
Then you would have to describe what you have!

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
J-spec car or no?

I run 30lbs on my stock turbos (but I could be fibbing!)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rz1 said:
I dont go more then 18 to 20 MAX in nice cold weather :)

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
sixerman said:
I dont go more then 18 to 20 MAX in nice cold weather :)
some run up to 22psi, but it really hurts the turbo life

on a side note, with meth injection people run 26psi without problems

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VickSupra said:
first search around (search button).
Then you would have to describe what you have!
at the momment its pretty much standard all its got is a downpipe, bov and intake. just got my Avcr boost controller and intercooler that i need to install.

thanx to the other guys and yeap it is an import.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
onefastsupra, do you run higher octane gas? That sounds like too much boost for Texas weather. Your turbos may be able to handle it, but it's likely that timing is pulled after only one full run.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
18psi on pump gas and even then its good to be cautious (check your egt's and a/f's with a wideband). People run more on race gas (100+ unleaded), but you are slowly entering the inefficiency range of the stockers. I would aim for 18psi with a good tune and wastegate spring mod and you will see not only reliability with the stock twins but a mad power curve for stock turbos. After that its time to go single...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts