Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a thermal exhaust, greddy profec b spec2 ebc, greddy ebg, greddy bcc, and a apex'i s-afc2(untuned). My downpipe is not on yet but what should be my max boost with this setup? And to any Greddy Profec B spec2 owner what setup are you doing? And last......Does 1bar=14.5psi?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
im not sure what you trying to ask, I have a high-flow cat and i saw this post, i have no problem boosting to 1.7 bar (did it by acciddent once) with the high flow cat. i guess on stock twins you could boost to 18 psi with a cat on the car or whatever. i really dont know sorry if i didn't help.

Brett

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is I cant boost past the 1bar with my new ebc.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Rome_The_Supraman said:
Right now I have a thermal exhaust, greddy profec b spec2 ebc, greddy ebg, greddy bcc, and a apex'i s-afc2(untuned). My downpipe is not on yet but what should be my max boost with this setup? And to any Greddy Profec B spec2 owner what setup are you doing? And last......Does 1bar=14.5psi?
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43730

dont boost more than 18psi anything more than that and your killing your turbos in the long run.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If you can't boost past 1 bar it is probably the cats that are holding you back. They are very restrictive and will not allow the turbos to "breath". Just throw the DP on and turn the boost to 18psi. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I thought. For a sec I thought something was wrong with my ebc. Thanks guys

·
Very Senior Member
10,012 Posts
Rome_The_Supraman said:
.......Does 1bar=14.5psi?
1 bar = 14.50377 psi
Of course some boost gauges read in kg/sq cm where
1 kg/sq cm = 14.22334 psi.
(Thus - 1 bar is not exactly 1 kg/sq cm)

(but who is counting!!);)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I guess im boosting only 11 or 12 psi because I just can't seem to reach the 1st bar. Anyone know the Greddy ProfecB spec2 in and out that can help out a brother with it? Its my 3rd day playing with it.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
dusty, with a single turbo can you boost past 14 psi on stock cats?

Brett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts