Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

About Limits with stock internals:

For 1/4 Mile, what the maximum recommended power without problems ?

and

For Track days, what the maximum recommended power without problem ?

Thanks

Ricardo

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
As far as the common opinion here goes the internals are good for roundabout 800hp. Everything beyond this would require reinforced internals to be on the safe side. Though there have been people dyno 1000hp on a stock shortblock but this is jeopardizing the luck..
In your case I wouldn´t be worried about improving your engine. Just ensure to have a large oil cooler in for track purposes and watch the oil and EG temperatures..
Gerd

·
Registered
85 Posts
How long do you want it to last?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the common opinion here goes the internals are good for roundabout 800hp. Everything beyond this would require reinforced internals to be on the safe side. Though there have been people dyno 1000hp on a stock shortblock but this is jeopardizing the luck..
In your case I wouldn´t be worried about improving your engine. Just ensure to have a large oil cooler in for track purposes and watch the oil and EG temperatures..
Gerd

What the best Oil cooler for tracks ?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
At very least a 16 row would be helpful. Better off with a 19 row and utilize a thermostat in order to having the oil heated up in a reasonable time. W/O a thermostat it is taking very long until oil has reached it´s operation temp of at least 70-80°C.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At very least a 16 row would be helpful. Better off with a 19 row and utilize a thermostat in order to having the oil heated up in a reasonable time. W/O a thermostat it is taking very long until oil has reached it´s operation temp of at least 70-80°C.
About 16 row, it's possible to install at right side of bumper, behind the signal lights ?

P

·
0 Posts
800hp is as high as i would go with stock internals....but i had my block re-built before i hit that number

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Why not on the left side where the oil filter is located at? There you can also install it behind the turn signal. IMO the best place for it.
Yes, 16row should work.:)

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Setrab is a rather know brand here in Europe. As far as I know a good quality product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts