Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm asking this question for a friend that has a 86 na 5 spd and wanting to swap in a 7mgte engine/ecu coming out of a 91 turbo.

He is wanting to know about how much rwhp and boost can the 7mgte handle on stock turbo/internals and what sort of mods will he need to buy to achive that # such as downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm asking this question for a friend that has a 86 na 5 spd and wanting to swap in a 7mgte engine/ecu coming out of a 91 turbo.

He is wanting to know about how much rwhp and boost can the 7mgte handle on stock turbo/internals and what sort of mods will he need to buy to achive that # such as downpipe, exhaust, boost controller, etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
stock ct26 you are not going to make too much more than 310ish whp depeding on condition of engine, turbo ect with intake, 3inch turbo back exhaust, upgrade intercooler, 1uz maf, 550cc injectors, safcII so you can tune the fuel @14psi

/thread :blast:

·
Registered
998 Posts

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
read my sig stock block 24 psi no nos

·
Registered
894 Posts
What??? i don't smell anything burning yet? How could this be?? lol But yea good stock motors with a good tune are capable of over 600hp...

·
Registered
434 Posts
it can be done but if i was going to push over 400rwhp daily or often i would feel alot safer building the motor for that

·
Registered
894 Posts
Riiiiiight. Find me three examples of that working out and I'll buy you a chicken dinner.
Their arn't many, i know that. Im just saynig someone else who can do things completely right can get that. Now ive only seen and heard of one person that did about that. I think it was like 700ish.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
Topic: 2
Thread Number: 34,783,749,237,849,839,238

·
Registered
998 Posts
^^^ lol

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
998 Posts
^^ np man. have fun reading

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day people. I have a 2006 Toyota matrix and a 87 supra 7mgte engine. Besides the rear wheel drive conversion would that fit in the Matrix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts