Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boost..... My Antidrug
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to buy a 95 tt in ttc it has 10k miles on engine 30k miles on stock twins 3800 midwest stall. It has a greddy 3 row fmic, greddy profec b spec 2 bc, hks ssqv bov, all greddy hardpipes, rmm downpipe, hks super dragger exhust. Right now it runs 18 psi on 100 octane but I want to run 93 (100 onctane not available in my area), should I lower the boost? If so how much? And does anyone know how to set a profec b if I need to lower it?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am leaning toward more of around 14 pounds on 93 but 16 is in the same ballpark. I have ran more but it is not recommended and the stock ECU pulls timing anyway. Sounds like it should be very stong on race gas.. considering those mods. That should be an 11 sec 1/4 mile car! (on race gas/ ecu fuse pulled).
I dont remember what my profec spec II setting were when I had those mod (including cam gears), Do a search on the "profec AND setting" and you will find some ballpark setting.. Remember all cars are different.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I agree with 14 psi, even at that your turbos will likely not last as long as stock psi settings.The stock turbos have very small shafts and tend to get shaft play at more boost over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts