Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving my car and i was watching the oil pressure gauge and it didn't move past 20psi even under hard acceleration. so i went home and checked the oil and the dipstick read nothing (no oil). this led me to looking under the car and i see there is allot of oil residue and a couple drips coming off the front of the tranny right were the front inspection plate is. I'm guessing its the rear main seal but could it be the oil pan leaking b/c I've had a problem with that before also. my coolant looks a brownish color also when i look in to the radiator. should i drain it and see what it looks like after a couple days?? And some days when i start my car in the morning before work a dash light comes on its in the upper left hand corner it looks like a radiator but i don't know ill try to take a pic of it tomorrow.

thanks corey

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
add some oil, or at least do an oil change. drain water/coolant from the radiator then fill it with 30% coolant and the rest w/ water. run the engine for a couple of minutes, shut it off, let it cool for a bit and check for oil leaks & oil level. check if theres still water in the radiator.

if theres oil leaking between the tranny bell housing & flywheel cover, chances are that the rear main seal is wearin out. also hope that the HG is still good.

aite, peace.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the head gasket will not go b/c i have arp head bolts and tms metal 1.4 mm head gasket and its torqued to 70ftlbs

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
i know the head gasket will not go b/c i have arp head bolts and tms metal 1.4 mm head gasket and its torqued to 70ftlbs

Never say never.

About the oil pressure 90% of all 7m's with rod knock are from lack of oil and oil changes. Always check your oil level at each fill up if not more.

Jeremy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just changes the oil 500miles ago and the engine only has 60,000 on it since last rebuild so ya

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
i was watching the oil pressure gauge and it didn't move past 20psi even under hard acceleration
ya.

checked the oil and the dipstick read nothing (no oil)
yax2.

You hurt a bearing. Keep driving it and it will spin, wasting the crank. Keep on going after that and the rod will break and come out the side. No rebuilding that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
check your valve cover gaskets also, they can sometimes leak from the back and drip down and it can look like a bad rear main seal. If the valve covers are ok, then it's your rear main.

Ninja edit: the stock oil pressure gauge is not all that accurate, I wouldn't say that the oil pressure being low is necessarily evidence that you actually have low oil pressure. Get a pressure gauge and check your oil pressure before you start rebuilding stuff. My oil pressure gauge reads all over the place and my engine is still fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i haven't drove it since i also have a truck i drive regularly. my car would be fixed if i knew what was wrong this is why I'm on supra forums posting something about my problem now if you just want to tell me more options on what is wrong or what to do in this situation be my guest.

thanks for ur help

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
ARP's torqued to 70 ft.lbs?? is the Head Bolts lube'd w/ ARP moly lube or 30W engine oil??? anywayz, you must at least torque the ARP's to 80 ft.lbs. if you use moly lube. and 90 ft.lbs. or higher if you use 30W engine oil. IMHO.

aite, peace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts