Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally blew my JL Audio 8w6 and I am looking for a replacement . I looked into the MB reference 8 but cannot find much info or reviews. If not the MB, what other top end 8 would be a good choice to replace the kickass 8w6.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
MB Quart

here's a direct link to the MB Quart website at the Reference 8DVC sub page. It looks pretty decent, I like the way MB Quart speakers sound. However, I've never heard their subs. Screw the 8 go for a 10W7 you'll never look back ;)

I stand corrected...they make an 8W7 there ya go!

8W7

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to have a set of 2 10" Reference subs in my car, they sound really good, but dont get that loud. I just traded them back in for a singl Phoenix Gold. A lot louder but doea not sound as good, just good enough.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Can this sub fit in the mkiv's stock sub location or will i need to make a lot of modifications?

·
Registered
168 Posts
well i dont know the cu.ft for a mkiv but the sub's really sound's a lot better in a custome box made to the rec. spec. I originally used one of my old box's then switch to a custome one and they sounded a lot better. Also if you getting mbs' i would go with a sealed box. Going with a ported box will be louder,but will not sound as clear. and if your spending the money on a some MB you might as well get the most out of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts