Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running dp,cb (straight pipe, no exhaust), and bcc. I am hitting 20 psi on 4th gear runs in cold weather. I want to limit my boost to 18psi. Will a mbc be able to limit my boost to anywhere from 14-18psi even though I am running 20 psi with no bleeder T or anything. Or do I need an ebc for that? I'm under the impression that an mbc can only increase your boost from stock (in my case 20psi) settings.

F

·
0 Posts
I had been running with intake, exhaust, bcc, and mbc for a while. I just got dp/exhaust cam/TTC completed, and with the mbc turned all the way down, i am hitting 18psi.

I doubt you will be able to get your max boost into a lower range with an mbc, though i am under the impression that the hardware still provides for a "fuller" boost curve..... ie. no spikes, holding constant boost numbers, etc.

I must say my dawg is a completely different beast now. The power curve is all kinds of different than before; I just hope I can get used to the new growl (dp) and loss of 4500rpm kick (ttc) !

·
0 Posts
I am having the same problem. No matter what boost I run it creeps to 20psi in 4th gear. I talked to a supra mechanic at my local toyota dealership and he said it was my wastegate or wastegate valve. Since I tried bypassing the valve and it still overboosted, I theink that the wastegat diaphram is broken and not opening up enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts