Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
That is over 800+ at the crank even with a 15% loss!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Love the 720s...I think they could have done a little better with the side of the car, but other then that, come on megaball..lol

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
McLaren 720S Sold Out Into 2018

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/mclaren-720s-sold-out-into-2018.html

Surprise, surprise. The McLaren 720S is already proving to be a huge success for the British manufacturer, selling out into 2018.

Autocar reports that since the supercar’s debut five months ago at the Geneva Motor Show, over 1,500 orders have been placed forcing many buyers to wait until next year to take delivery. This comes despite the fact that McLaren commenced deliveries back in June, a remarkably fast turnaround from when the car was first shown to the public.

A number of buyers are said to be so eager to get their hands on the 720S that they’ve placed orders for two cars, one to be delivered as soon as possible and the second to be personalized through McLaren Special Operations.

A quick glance at the spec sheet reveals why buyers are so eager to purchase the new supercar. Rather than utilizing a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V8 like all other modern McLarens before it, the 720S has a 4.0-liter unit that delivers 710 hp and 568 lb-ft of torque, figures that comfortably upstage the Lamborghini Huracan Performante and Ferrari 488 GTB.

·
Administrator
17,237 Posts
Man, that 720S is on another level of 'stock' cars, isn't it? Too bad it looks so bland on the sides...I cannot stand the side profile of that car at all!

·
Registered
382 Posts
If they would get rid of that bland piece of sheet metal behind the front wheels then the side of the car would look 100% better....but I would be happy to have one even if it was covered in cow shit!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to Change the topic here but I recently drove an MP4 and feel like it's time to make a move . Would I be crazy to sell the supra to grab one of these for around 135k?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Sorry to Change the topic here but I recently drove an MP4 and feel like it's time to make a move . Would I be crazy to sell the supra to grab one of these for around 135k?
Take a look at repair costs. I think there is a semi common suspension failure that costs north of $30k to repair.

·
Registered
126 Posts
From what dealer told me in cali it's 3k to certify every year and covers almost any repair and the yearly service is $1500.
I will have to get this in writing from one of the dealers closer to me in NYC . If only I cold offord this 720s �� Miller motors had one out yesterday in some type of candy red over carbon fiber that was amazing!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
In the new sports car under 300K, the 720S is the best of the best....I have watched quite a few videos on this car and it leaves most drivers wanting to come up with new words to describe it.

·
Administrator
17,237 Posts
Pretty impressive to see what the 720S can do against a modified Ford GT, but I know that feeling from comparing my own GTR with my Supra. Modern technology can be really difficult to overcome in the 'short/medium' runs when those newer cars just absolutely JUMP ahead!

81 - 100 of 200 Posts