Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
I wonder if it would even be worth it to "BPU" one of these cars. Is there any more power to be found?
I am sure there is power to be found, there is a shop here in Pa that's working on one as we speak....They have developed a custom exhaust for it and are working on getting inside the ecu.

·
Administrator
17,223 Posts
I wonder if it would even be worth it to "BPU" one of these cars. Is there any more power to be found?
Absolutely yes, as there are emission control devices to be liberated! If nothing else, a bit better spool-up, sound, and overall breathing for the engine. Beware a BPU 720S based on what we've seen of the stock version! 820S indeed. ;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
The more I read about the 720S, the more impressed I get, McLaren really hit a home run with this car....just wish I could afford one! They are developing a new hyper-car as we speak and they are using the 720S chassis as a test mule. I shudder to think of how awesome this new hyper-car will be!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,971 Posts
From Road and Track Performance Car of the Year 2017

...the new McLaren effortlessly earns the PCOTY laurels by performing the near-impossible: It rides better than the Bentley, outhandles the aero-intensive Huracán, and leaves the snorting Camaro dead to rights in a drag race, all while making its driver feel like the most special person in the world. You could own this car for a lifetime and never grow tired of the pur sang manner in which it conquers everything from a 200-mph blitz to the commuting crawl. No street car in history has offered a better driving position, a more immediate command of the road, or a better integration of usability and capability. And, not for nothing, it’s improved in every possible respect from the 650S, which was already one of the world’s most competent supercars.

In this fearsomely strong field of 10 brilliant automobiles, only this one truly advances the state of the art. The fact that it does so in the exospheric environment of the super-cum-hypercar only serves to underline the degree of difficulty involved. Inhumanly sleek, monstrously quick, reassuringly approachable, the McLaren 720S is our 2018 Performance Car of the Year.

1/4 mi 9.9 sec @ 148.2 mph
0-120 mph 6.8 sec

101 - 120 of 197 Posts