Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought it was interesting.

The 722 edition of the Mercedes McLaren SLR was built to commemerate the 1955 Mille Miglia victory of Sir Stirling Moss and Denis Jenkinson in the 300 SLR. It's 5.5 liter supercharged V8 has been tweaked to produce 650 BHP (a 33 BHP increase). It also features a new carbon fiber front splitter and redesigned rear diffuser to create more downforce and stability while cornering. The suspension has been stiffend up, and the car has been dropped by 1/2 an inch. New lighter weight forged aluminum wheels powder coated black add a bit of spice to the already exotic looking coupe and as if it didn't have enough stopping power with it's carbon fiber discs, they've been increased insize to 390mm. The interior has been redone as well. Gone are the red alcantra interiors of the regular SLRs, replaced with black suede and leather racing buckets and a "racing inspired" steering wheel upholstered in leather.

Engine:
- 5.5 (5.4 actual) liter Supercharged V8 by AMG
- 650 BHP (33 BHP over stock)
- est. 590+ lb-ft

Peformance:
0-62: 3.6 seconds
0-124: 10.2 seconds
Top Speed: 209 mph

this thing is a monster. when Top Gear tested the first SLR it manage to outrun the Koenigsegg CC around their test track (the Koeni weighs 2600 lbs to the SLR's 3900 and has 655 BHP to the SLR's 617). i can't wait to see Stig have a go in one of these. :eek3:

now if only i can convince Steve T to buy me one. :D

·
Probably at the track...
417 Posts
That doesn't look like a Skyline at all... :scratch:

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
They made an ugly car uglier with those wheels...

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Will a SL65 still spank this one? Probably :)

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worm said:
Will a SL65 still spank this one? Probably :)
from a roll? perhaps, but the SL65 has a governor (stateside) and it sure as hell won't keep up with it around a track. it also looks like ass and i hate convertibles.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
kaneda said:
from a roll? perhaps, but the SL65 has a governor (stateside) and it sure as hell won't keep up with it around a track. it also looks like ass and i hate convertibles.
Something tells me the car in the pics isn't stateside, so why would that matter? :)
Who takes a million dollar car to the track? :lol:
Hardtop convertible, whats not to like? :)

Sorry but the SLR is a fucking joke, other than being a diamond encrusted diamond its not that impressive.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i'm in beverly hills 4 days a week and see atleast 1 slr a week. they're nice, but not that impressive in person.

i think that 722 looks better than the regular one though.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
The wheels look like Rotas, and the car itself is still unimpressive. It's all nose....

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Eggy said:
The wheels look like Rotas, and the car itself is still unimpressive. It's all nose....
I know, any people call the viper a clown shoe! Shit this thing is 2x as disproportionate as a viper.

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Worm said:
I know, any people call the viper a clown shoe! Shit this thing is 2x as disproportionate as a viper.
I wouldn't mind having this car to stick my foot in occasionally. I would have 2 vipers to wear on the weekdays or when entertaining kids, and 2 SLRs for weekends when I want to go out clubbing and impress the ladies.

I have no idea what the fuck I'm saying... I'm in a bad mood.

G

·
Eggy said:
I wouldn't mind having this car to stick my foot in occasionally. I would have 2 vipers to wear on the weekdays or when entertaining kids, and 2 SLRs for weekends when I want to go out clubbing and impress the ladies.

I have no idea what the fuck I'm saying... I'm in a bad mood.
:lol: made me laugh, but I'm black so doesn't matter I'm sure

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
I would just like to swap that motor and trans in to a nice and clean 2002 SL500. That would be a smooth ride, yo.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts