Supra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 350 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
Can't believe they shipped the head with the cams installed. Those things are brittle if hit at the wrong angle. Glad it all worked out though.

STeve

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Can't believe they shipped the head with the cams installed. Those things are brittle if hit at the wrong angle. Glad it all worked out though.

STeve
Lawrence wrapped the cam lobes under the cam caps (which were not all the way tightened down). UPS looks to have beat up the box pretty heavily, as the VVTi cam even punctured the front valve cover plastic.

You are definitely in good hands with Lawrence, sorry to see UPS do so much damage!
Lawrence has done really well by me with the motor, previous head, and with this current head (or so it looks). I'd recommend him without hesitation based on my experience with him. It's easy to get a positive reputation when things always go exactly to plan, but character is revealed when things don't work out and extra time/effort/cost is needed to make something right. I've never had to worry about the "what if" situations with Lawrence, he's been a stand up guy as long as I've known him.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Very nice. She is going to be a beast! :)

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #265

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #266 (Edited)
Few more photos; Supertech inconel exhaust valves with Supertech SS intake valves, Kelford V202-D cams. Valve covers disassebled, hot tanked, drilled/tapped for 1/2" NPT threads, and awaiting finishing.

·
Boost Junkie
12,403 Posts
Beautiful.

Steve

·
Inline for the win
4,690 Posts
You mean -12 AN fittings right, Mike?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #269 (Edited)

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #271 (Edited)
The car went down to Kaizen Motorsports on April 2nd for a round of changes.

Powdercoat was done locally in "Dormant Violet," and I sent out some fresh engine plastics to K2 Concepts in Palm Springs, CA, for hydrodipping and a spray in a candy purple color.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #274 (Edited)
Nice set up! I saw you on IG too.
Thanks Duane. I appreciate the nice words.

Powdercoating looks killer!
Thanks zeeman. Tiger Drylac makes the color, however a competing product that looks very similar is "illusion violet" by Prismatic Powder. The covers should run you $100-150 depending on the price of your shop.

More absolutely stunning work Mike!!
Thanks Milo. How is your car coming along?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #277 (Edited)
Quick Update
The car is at Kaizen still, with fab work underway. With the new Plazmaman intake manifold, Plazmaclamps, PTE 6870 turbo, modifying the existing pipework was necessary. I'll post up some photos here in the near future.

In early February, I decided to order new wheels. They were finished Friday (ack! 15 weeks) and I picked them up. I've only test fit a back wheel so far, but they look pretty good IMO. 3 piece iForged Concave series w/ steplip, sized at 19x10/11.5" finished with polished lips and brushed tinted faces. The faces really shine in the sun, I'm happy with the decision. The wheels seem to fit with the Supra feel, while also having the modern touches like concave face and floating effect spokes.

I was lucky to talk with RikTT and Radride regarding fitment as I went through the process of determining which wheels to order, and am lucky to have their help. We're fortunate to have guys like this in the community. Thank you to them both.

·
Registered
807 Posts
DAMN! Those are gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Quick Update
The car is at Kaizen still, with fab work underway. With the new Plazmaman intake manifold, Plazmaclamps, PTE 6870 turbo, modifying the existing pipework was necessary. I'll post up some photos here in the near future.

In early February, I decided to order new wheels. They were finished Friday (ack! 15 weeks) and I picked them up. I've only test fit a back wheel so far, but they look pretty good IMO. 3 piece Concave series w/ steplip, sized at 19x10/11.5" finished with polished lips and brushed tinted faces. The faces really shine in the sun, I'm happy with the decision. The wheels seem to fit with the Supra feel, while also having the modern touches like concave face and floating effect spokes.

I was lucky to talk with RikTT and Radride regarding fitment as I went through the process of determining which wheels to order, and am lucky to have their help. We're fortunate to have guys like this in the community. Thank you to them both.
They look good. What brand?

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
261 - 280 of 350 Posts