Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok both of us are having clutch issues. We both have stock clutches, with alot of miles on them. So both slip alot at higher boost, so we did a wastegate to wastegate run.

1990 Targa 5spd
1j mods:
11 psi
Intake
3"RSR DP
Testpipe
3" Tanabe Hyper medalion catback
3.72's

1987 sunroof 5spd/W58 tranny
7M mods:
9psi
K&N Intake
3" RSR DP
Testpipe
3.5" RSR exhaust
HKS EVC boost controller
NA LSD 4:30's

Well we did it twice, first run was from a 60 punch, my clutch holds on this pass and we are dead even. he inches up but has to shift more and falls off a few feet.

Next run we start off about 50 and go until ~140. my car has no power when i hit off and he pulls out, i start to pull back up to him, and i shift into 4th and my clutch fades and i fall back total about a car and a half and hang there up to 140.

The terms were he was supposed to be on wastegate, but he "forgot" to turn his BC out of manual setting. When i turn up the boost there is no doubt i would desimate him, but the car is a freak. hell i have video of him hanging with my buddies 1j @ 12psi with a ECU/ HKS F-con, and the same mods as me. but my brother still had the full stock exhaust. So the only mods were filter, NGK plug wires, and the 4:30's and he only fell back to his back bumper up to 120.

Cars in question, white one is the 1j the gunmetal is the 7M

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
Is that an na-t for the 7m?

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice clean cars. Makes me re-think my decision yet again wether to tint my windows or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts