Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made 14 passes Sun. and my best time was 13.386 at 118.89mph and my best mph was 119.08 at 13.409. I was soooo disappointed with my first time out.
I figured I was going to do 12's easy and I was really hoping to break 11's.

A full list of mods can be found here: http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/1993/paddie,james/jamespaddie.htm
The only thing that has changed from the list is I have a Innovate W/B kit and the car was tuned by Justin Nenni at Autobahn Motorsports and it made 520-550whp on 93pump at 18-19psi. As for tires, I was running Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 275/40/18 (my daily driver tires) and they were NOT up to the challenge.

Between my awful launching and total wheel spin everytime I shifted from 1st to 2nd(which forced me to short shift early) I guess I was lucky to break 13's. I didn't know what rpm to launch at so I tried low and high rpm's with 2step on and off but I would either bog or wheel hop.

I would greatly appreciate any comments/suggestions because I want to be prepared for when I go back to the track and redeem myself.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
60ft's?? Timeslip?? That is pretty bad, even on crap tires haha. But hey the first time out is always an experiment, you will start to get a feel for the car. I think you need to get some better tires first of all. Arent those like some all-season crap tires?

Alex

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
the car should be able to hit high 11's with the right tires and a good driver, all you need to do is practice and learn to feel your car, as well as getting some good tires.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60'--2.685
330--6.422
1/8--9.182
mph--92.25
1000--11.481
1/4--13.386(Best ET)
mph--118.89

60'--2.458
330--6.355
1/8--9.187
mph--90.95
1000--11.500
1/4--13.409
mph--119.08(Best mph)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alx2785 said:
60ft's?? Timeslip?? That is pretty bad, even on crap tires haha. But hey the first time out is always an experiment, you will start to get a feel for the car. I think you need to get some better tires first of all. Arent those like some all-season crap tires?

Alex
Yeah, the ASX are all season tires. When I go back I will have dr's and c16 for sure.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
galleyhand said:
Yeah, the ASX are all season tires. When I go back I will have dr's and c16 for sure.

Gas is not the problem if your pushing mid 500hp..

Just get out there on pump gas and work on your 60's man, you should be at least pulling a 1.9 with street tires easily as well... no since in waisting race gas.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had NO traction at all in 2nd gear. Total wheel spin until I shifted early to 3rd. I figured I was going to have some traction issues but I was not expecting this.

Since tires are the main thing I need, I was thinking BFG's but I don't know what the widest tire I can fit on my rims and stock fenders. Also, since I have Tein HA's would messing with the settings do any good??

·
Registered
491 Posts
Try some BFG Drag Radials or Nitto Drags. I have the Nitto Drags on my mustang and they work fairly well on street and strip although I don't have as much HP as you.

·
Has a slow car
1,321 Posts
galleyhand said:
I had NO traction at all in 2nd gear. Total wheel spin until I shifted early to 3rd. I figured I was going to have some traction issues but I was not expecting this.

Since tires are the main thing I need, I was thinking BFG's but I don't know what the widest tire I can fit on my rims and stock fenders. Also, since I have Tein HA's would messing with the settings do any good??

Wider is not always better!

I have the setup you need fairly cheap! Almost cheaper then buying new tires!

the setup can get you a 1.5 60ft on the right setup!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
95TT4JJ said:
Try some BFG Drag Radials or Nitto Drags. I have the Nitto Drags on my mustang and they work fairly well on street and strip although I don't have as much HP as you.
The MT drag radials are better than both of those. I have used all of them and the MT hook the best by far.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I know how you feel, I atleast thought I would hit high 12's on street tires but my best time was 13.02 @ 115.

I'm running MT DR on my old wheels in august, can't wait.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Get some 26x16x10.5 MT ET Street on stock NA wheels or RX7 wheels or the CCW drag package and call it a day. Drag radials can not be used on manual supras, you'll be breaking drivetrain parts sooner or later, unless you are a clutch raper.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Going to the track on street tires with a high hp car is very disapointing. Like stated above Dr's and sticks just dont agree. My best run so far on street tires is [email protected] When I cant get someone to take my slicks and jack down I run on the street tires. I got kicked off the track with the slicks so I go out with street tires just to get out there untill the cage is done. My new quest in the meantime is 11's on street tires. Seams pretty easy with 600-700whp but for me its pretty hard. I think I will be faster with less power :scratch:.

Lawrence

1 - 20 of 40 Posts