Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got an Evo couple weeks ago and i've been dying to run him but hes never around. Last nite around 12 pm no one out and me and my cousin just crousin around then i see an evo foloowing me....what do u know its my friend so he fallows me off the exit in to a light.....we both take off good boom 2nd gear he pulls half a car on me 3rd another half of car then i hit 4th start to catch up but traffic...so he had me by a car.....then we go in the highway doing a 40 roll....i installtly pick up a half car on him shift then had about a car and half on him.......after all good run i'm impresed with the evo's.....i should of beat from a dig and even more on the highway if my car had good compression and didn't have a nasty boost leak....can't wait to fix this bitch and run him again...oh and i was only running 13psi :(....but overall it was fun

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome post!
13 psi, stock turbo? any other mods? very cool!!!!

W

·
0 Posts
i should of beat from a dig and even more on the highway if my car had good compression and didn't have a nasty boost leak
lol.

I love it when people say stuff like that.

Anyhow, good run. I would have liked the story a lot more if you had smoked his ass.

I beat a 94 Corvette and a 2003 Audi A4? 2.8t? New one with dual exhaust, larger turbo motor, not 1.8t...on the turnpike the other day. That was fun.

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is my mods: 1cyl still has 90psi compression

Engine:
7MGTE Freshly Rebuilt
JE Pistons .30 Over
ARP Hardware
Clevite 77 Bearing
HKS 1.2 Metal Head Gasket
All OEM Gaskets
Mild Port and Polish
5 Angle Valve Job on Head
Super Sequential Bov
Spearco Intercooler from SupraSport
Custom Intercooler Piping 2.5”
HKS 3000 Pipe
HKS Manuel Boost Controller
NA Cam Gears
CT 26 Upgraded to 62-1 Polished
Aeromotive Air/Fuel Pressure Regulators
RC Engineering 550cc Injectors
Lexus Air Flow Meter
HKS Mega Flow Intake System
Custom Turbo Accordian Hose Pipe Polished
Custom 3” Turbo Elbow
No Cats No Resonators
JDM Apexi Dunk Catback Exhaust
Spec Stage 3 Clutch System

W

·
0 Posts
Your car should be faster then an evo...WAY faster. If its not, this makes me sad.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
Damn you should have murdered him.... Get that stuff fixed up!!

Jack up the boost too... I got beat by a evo in NJ when my boost controller stoped working and I got 4 PSI according to the boost guage. We where neck and neck.. Had I open the dump I would have been prob 1-2 mph faster then him though the 1/4 (this was on the way home)

S

·
0 Posts
which cylinder has that low compression? have you done a wet test to find out if it's the valves, or the bottom end (rings, ringlands, piston)??

what do you run in the 1/4? i'd be really interested to see you and your friend take it on a real dragstrip to we can see some hardcore numbers. oh, and if he's not afraid to launch hardcore he'll definately smoke you from a dig.

·
Super Moderator
10,243 Posts
When I ran an Evo, we went from a 5mph roll or so because the light turned green on us. The Evo pulled a little more than a car through 1st going into 2nd, but by the end of 2nd I'd made it back up and by the end of 3rd I had almost 2 cars on him.
I this was when I had nothing but a Brullen DP, gutted cat, and Greddy SP catback, with boost upped to ~14-15 psi. Stock fuel, Stock elbow, Stock AFM (and untweaked), Stock Turbo, Stock I/C and piping, etc. Yes that should not happen but I don't know why my car won't hit FCO until ~16psi on a 100% stock fuel system. I'm not running lean judging by the plugs and I'm not complaining either, lol.

In all seriousness, you should have slaughtered that Evo. I hope you get your compression issue dealt with soon so you can bring it back to him :) Good run nonetheless

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
drjonez said:
unless the driver is a pansy and doesn't launch it....
so true, i've yet to see an AWD car launch like it's supposed to be launced... in my town it's so bad that my friend beat a TSI awd off the line in his LT1 camaro, spin fest all through first and off the line... the TSI must have dumped at friggin 2 grand...

-J

·
Registered
449 Posts
I beat a 94 Corvette and a 2003 Audi A4? 2.8t? New one with dual exhaust, larger turbo motor, not 1.8t...on the turnpike the other day. That was fun. [/B][/QUOTE]

maybe you tinking of the S4....or something

but yeah on the evo thing.....don't those rides run like a low 13...on a regular stock setup...i seen one at the track this summer completely stock run 13.56

with your mods...i'm surprised you ai'nt broken into lower 13's

:D
ah welll
revenge is great

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have awd 99 Eclipse launch at 6k and burn the tires through first 3 gears. Amazing what 500hp will do with awd. Anyway the evo will definately get you from a dig simple cause he will probally not break traction.

Julian

W

·
0 Posts
thats the one thing i like about my dads sti.... dumpin the clutch at 7k and holding on for dear life... what a rush

G

·
0 Posts
the evos are fast stock. The AWD cars like evos and wrxs tend to take the line, because simply, as stated before, they don't usually break traction as easily.

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he those things are not as fast as people make them seem, but def faster then most cars.....my 1st cyl has 85psi compression :( build motor the head is fucked up proberly a bent valve....car starts bugging after 4k rmps....but i still beat him in the highway...i know i should of murdered him but oh well until i get my car fixed there is nothing i can say :(....thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,243 Posts
87tabshire said:
I have awd 99 Eclipse launch at 6k and burn the tires through first 3 gears. Amazing what 500hp will do with awd. Anyway the evo will definately get you from a dig simple cause he will probally not break traction.

Julian
How many trannies have you been through? ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts