Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 581 Posts

·
Batshit crazy old bastard
186 Posts
PMorgan Chase to invest $100 million in Detroit

by Peter Moskowitz

Amid a constant drumbeat of stories of economic decline, controversial labor negotiations and general chaos, Detroit could use some good news.

On Tuesday it appeared to get some, with an announcement that financial behemoth JPMorgan Chase & Co. would invest $100 million in the bankrupt city in an effort to revitalize it.

The deal, which was announced exclusively to local paper Detroit Free Press, comes after months of negative news not only for Detroit, but for JPMorgan, which recently agreed to the largest settlement agreement in U.S. history over its mortgage lending practices. Critics say the predatory lending practices of institutions including JPMorgan contributed to the housing woes and ultimate financial downfall of cities such as Detroit.

The bank made no mention of those practices in its $100 million investment plan (PDF). The exclusive interview JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gave the Detroit Free Press also seemed to focus on the positive.

“Obviously Detroit was having issues,” Dimon told the paper. “I got together some of our senior people and said, 'What can we do that’s really neat, that could be really creative?' When you’re in a town, you try to be a great citizen there and we happen to be big player in Detroit.”

The bank’s investment will be split evenly between loans and grants to the city and various organizations. The biggest chunk of money — $50 million — will go to Capital Impact Partners and Invest Detroit, private investment firms that have been big backers of development in the city. The Detroit Land Bank Authority and several other organizations will get $25 million to help with blight removal throughout the city.

Other investments include a fund for workforce development, and money to help promote small businesses, as well as a plan for a Detroit streetcar system.

Detroit declared bankruptcy last year and is negotiating with unions and creditors over money the city owes but cannot afford to pay.

JPMorgan spokesman Stephen O'Halloran declined a request for comment from Al Jazeera. He said the bank would make an official announcement on Wednesday.

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder told the Free Press that JP Morgan Chase’s decision could be a catalyst for others to invest in the city.

“I think it really helps and it sends a great message that people see significant value in investing in Detroit and that there’s a lot of upsides,” he said. “As a result of the bankruptcy Detroit hopefully will be viewed as one of the great value places to invest, a place that has a future in terms of living and working there.”

JPMorgan Chase’s Executive Vice President of Corporate Responsibility Peter Scher told the Free Press that the company had an interest in reinvigorating economies where it had a big presence, and he hinted that it could make similar investments in other economies.

“To the extent that we can begin to find solutions in a place like Detroit, our hope is that those solutions will be applicable in other places around the country and frankly around the world,” Scher said.

The exclusive interview JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon gave the Detroit Free Press also seemed to focus on the positive.
If Jamie is involved, Detroit is going to get screwed yet again... only this time it will be far worse. :faint:

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
bullshit, i went from 200000 in equity here to maybe 30k that fuck face dimon should cut me a check for 170k. that would be a good start.

we once had a money system designed by patriots creating the greatest nation on earth, we now have one designed by jews with forecastable inverse results

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
a whore, i assume to be naked, and neer 20, just bolted down my street yelling "help me please help hes going to kill me" ect...
she sounded white so addicted to black dick and drugs is likely, i called the cops then went on a recon mission but no ho to be found.

·
CTHULHU NOW!!!!!!!
265 Posts
it tests my will.
1: Paying a homeless guy a quarter a day to punch you in the dick.... tests your will.

2: Continuing to live in a shithole demilitarized city that could be walled up at a moment's notice like the prison in Escape From NY..... retarded.

Get on one of those sponsorship websites that people contribute money for causes, movie ideas, and inventions, post a pic of your best sad-faced, lily-white ass in the most ghetto area of town without getting rolled/murdered (a "Survivor Challenge" if ever there was one!), post that up to your page and beg for $100,000 ~ $200,000.

SOMEBODY WILL TAKE PITY ON YOU.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
^^^ says the shit-lovingest fly.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
well no dead body smell yet, it looked like she ended up running to one of the abandoned houses down the street.
but a car drove by, so one of them might have swooped her up and raped and or killed her somewhere else.

·
Registered
331 Posts
well no dead body smell yet, it looked like she ended up running to one of the abandoned houses down the street.
but a car drove by, so one of them might have swooped her up and raped and or killed her somewhere else.
I wanna see pictures/videos of this shit!

I feel like Im listening to a radio... but.. With.. letters.

21 - 40 of 581 Posts