Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he said the car came with something like a panel that extends back from the bottom of the bumper. he said it helped air flow through the intercooler. he said without it air just flows through the bumper and under the intercooler. any of you have a panel that blocks air through the intercooler? i've never seen one on another car but nobody ever takes pictures under there front end. thanks.

Andy

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Hes prolly talkin about the engine under cover.

I havent ever seen one, if that gives you any indication about them. They are like center console armrests in good condition, not likely to exist. HAHA. :lol:

I'm sure there are guys on here that still have em, but they arent necessary, lots of people do not have em anymore.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
I havent noticed any difference with/without mine. I had it installed, took it off to do repairs, still sitting on the side of my house.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes this guys really good. he's not a toyota guy or supra guy. he's just really good. he's related to me somehow too but i can't remember how.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
i have one sitting in my garage. was a great catch item that came with the car :) also my center console is mint ;)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
got one but took it off to change the oil and filter. never put it back on.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Spoolme said:
Put it back on! It also helps keep the engine bay clean :D

·
For Sale
453 Posts
Spoolme said:
you dont need to take it off to change the oil or filter, the cover ends before the oil pan and where you reach up for the filter.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
well im kinda lazy and i lost the bolt/screws for it. anyone know what size?

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
You're mechanic knows what he's talking about, keep him handy for future reference.
I took a piece of sheet metal for a undercover to the IC/Rad. It works but doesn't provide any aerodynamic effects that the full OEM one does since it only runs to the header panel.
Brian W

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if anybody with the OEM undercover wants to sell one PM me. i'd like a new one but i've got most of my money tied up into other things at the moment. but i might be able to afford a used one. dont think that i'm broke or cheap ass or anything. i've just got a lot of things going on at the moment.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
myMUSICveins said:
Put it back on! It also helps keep the engine bay clean :D
And it helps keep the leaking oil and PS fluid from staining the driveway :lol:

87 7mgte said:
umm im not sure of the thread pitch, but i know its just one of the normal 10mm bolts found in various places in the engine bay
Yeah, there are a few of those. Most, though, are just regular screws.

·
For Sale
453 Posts
Racefiend said:
Yeah, there are a few of those. Most, though, are just regular screws.
Are you sure? cause when i went under the car, they were all 10mm bolts, and it was the first time those bolts have ever been touched, cause i bought my car from an old lady?

Dunno :dunno:

·
Registered
861 Posts
I agree with the 10mm guess...I think that's what they were...I have both of mine in the garage...but the turbo's is goin back on once I do the oil pan gasket ...might sell the n/a one :dunno:

·
Registered
861 Posts
P.S. def. were not screws holding the cover on either of mine

1 - 20 of 29 Posts