Supra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
The cam cover screws are the same size as the undercovers, 8mm. (They are too long however, but will hold up in a pinch.)

I'm actually thinking of using the stock one as a rough mold to make a kevlar/fiberglass undercover with a CF covered splitter that replaces the stock air dam lip.

If you run your car at high speed on a hot day with a stock radiator, it will overheat without the undercover on there.

Around town, it does not do much, but will help to keep your motor cleaner over time.

It's really at 60mph or more that I think it's starting to help with areodynamics. (The smoother air has to also help with fuel economy I'd think.)

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
it also helps from getting the engine all wet and dirty when you drive through puddles in the rain. i wouldnt have thought an engine under cover would help that much. a carbon fibre one would be very cool

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
IIRC when I took them out they were some 10mm bolts and some screws just like the ones for the fender liners. Maybe I'm confused with the mk4 undercover :dunno:

·
Registered
945 Posts
without the undercover you will create turbulance in the engine bay thus slowing you down and lowering your gas mileage. and once the engine is hot the LAST thing you wanna do is splash COLD WATER on HOT METAL. might break something instantly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had one on, but with my do luck front bumper, i cant put it on anymore.....i wish i could I notice the differece, not to mention my engine bay was kept a lot cleaner with it on than it off. I guess im selling mine since I can use it anymore.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I take it NA's and Turbo's have the under cover? Mine didn't come with one, I go under the car all the time and there's no cover under the engine. Anybody have any pics of what they look like through the bay or from under? Curious to see what I'm missin :dunno:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
My N/A does have one, unfortunately I really can't get you a picture of it right now. Does this also act like an air diffuser? I know that the design of the underbody is an important factor in highspeed stability, and I was wondering if this piece realy helps out with that or not, and are/were there ever any aftermarket options available for this?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
I work on my car a lot and honestly i dont want one. Yes they keep the engine clean from road stuff, but it makes it harder to work on your car and spot oil leaks if you have any.

·
Registered
20 Posts
haha they changed from a/t to 5-speed on mine and didnt have the cover to the flywheel. So i have it just dont wanna get dirt on my flywheel while im looking for a spare cover.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts