Supra Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Garage Queen Club
3,472 Posts
Slightly off topic - I run into so many Youtubers who review cars, I always wonder how owners feel so comfortable giving the keys of their expensive toy to random strangers out ripping their pride and joy for "views". Is it worth the risk for 15 seconds of fame? They get the views and add revenue while you cringe at possibly not having a car back in one piece?

Back on topic - I've done plenty of street tuning and testing for customer cars with them in or out of the car, and it's always in the safest location I can find with next to no one around (long stretch of highway, wide spaces, late night, etc). Dyno time is always my preference but sometimes you have to do driveability - street is the only answer. He could have chosen a better location to shake the car down to reduce any collateral damage. Otherwise, it's sad for both the shop and the owner. Hopefully it works out somehow someway...

Someone mentioned "Torsen" - I know the feeling and it creeps up on you quick. My solution for 18+ years of owning mine: Racelogic. Aem Infinity TC is close second but impossible to dial in on the road course.

· Registered
5,774 Posts
I have spun out many years ago in my Supra on a damp road when I punched it. It scared the shit out of me. Then I was a ignorant of upgrading the LSD.
Fast forward a few years - I went stand alone ECU and the traction control is pretty amazing (boost by gear, etc.. really helps keep the Supra under control) and I admittedly I put the LSD upgrade on the back burner.

I saw this video and thought to myself.. Holly shit! Wow! The diff blew the hell up and kicked him in a spin. I have not followed the details of what actually caused the loss of control of the Supra, but this was a good reminder & lessoned learned - safety first. I immediately ordered my OS Giken 1.5 Way Super Lock LSD. I am glad to hear the driver walked away.

LSD upgrades should be one of the first upgrades any Supra owner should be doing - 450 rwhp plus.

· Registered
1993.5 Black on Tan, GTE, RPS T72 Single kit, 6 speed
1,493 Posts
Reading this as im installing my LSD for the same reason. Been on the shelf for 2 years, it’s way overdue for safety purposes.

Attachments

· Registered
192 Posts
Reading this as im installing my LSD for the same reason as I type. Been on the shelf for 2 years, it’s way overdue for safety purposes.
You're going to love the OS Giken - hands down without a doubt in my mind, the best upgrade I did to my car. You can't put it on soon enough - there's no way in hell I'd run full kill mode without it.

· Premium Member
94 red TT pte6466, atf stage 3, trd lsd 95 white n/a #10 production line car bone stock (for now)
30 Posts
That video was very devastating to watch. I cant even imagine what the owner is going thru. So sad 😞 😥

· Registered
101 Posts
I had a local shop (4/10ths of a mile local) do the head gasket on my 91 turbo, and I happened to be on my roof chasing a leak when they did the test drive and made sure the turbo worked. It worked. Fortunately the guy's a good driver. But it was not a cold environment

81 - 87 of 87 Posts