Supra Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,348 Posts
What kind of power are you making, and what do you rev to?
Last dyno session yielded 1438whp and 1159 ft./lbs. tq. We actually stopped early lol. I’m revving to 8800rpm which will be slightly raised to ~9100rpm next session. Mechman has a “self-exciting” version of the 240amp alternator which is the one I have so there is no plug. The alternator also grounds itself out on the block and I have 2x 2/0 grounds from block to chassis.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Last dyno session yielded 1438whp and 1159 ft./lbs. tq. We actually stopped early lol. I’m revving to 8800rpm which will be slightly raised to ~9100rpm next session. Mechman has a “self-exciting” version of the 240amp alternator which is the one I have so there is no plug. The alternator also grounds itself out on the block and I have 2x 2/0 grounds from block to chassis.
Hmm, idr if mine is self exciting. I don't think it is. Know of any drawbacks to the none self exciting one?

I am only looking for about 1100rwhp. So you are significantly higher than I will be. And I will be about at 9k revving. So I am just glad you are in the same range as me there.

You are using their pulley they provided? Or did you swap it for something else?

Sorry for the 21 questions lol

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,348 Posts
Hmm, idr if mine is self exciting. I don't think it is. Know of any drawbacks to the none self exciting one?

I am only looking for about 1100rwhp. So you are significantly higher than I will be. And I will be about at 9k revving. So I am just glad you are in the same range as me there.

You are using their pulley they provided? Or did you swap it for something else?

Sorry for the 21 questions lol
Hey no problem, that’s what this forum and community are for.

I don’t know of any potential drawbacks to using a non-self exciting. I just wanted to cut variables out of the equation. No wiring = no chance of wiring going bad. That was my thinking at least. The self-exciting alternator turns itself on and off with engine rotation and regulates its own voltage.

I used the pulley that came on the alternator out of the box. I can measure it Monday to verify which one it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is anybody running a lithium battery with the Mechman 170 amp version? If you are, can you give out the model and amount of time that you have been running that combination and how you like it so far. Also, if you’re not using a lithium battery, what other batteries besides the Odyssey PC1200 have members had good success with?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have that alternator and a lithium battery. I'm using the Antigravity RS-20 and it works great. Been running that combo for a couple of years. I believe Antigravity replaced this with a newer version however.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have that alternator and a lithium battery. I'm using the Antigravity RS-20 and it works great. Been running that combo for a couple of years. I believe Antigravity replaced this with a newer version however.
Thanks for replying to my question. I’ll check Antigravity out. Do you keep it on a trickle charger?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts