Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone was using the Megan strut bar? It looks pretty cool, much cooler then most of the other cheap ones. I was just wondering if anyone had engine pix of it installed. Also has anyone used Megan's rear strut bar?
here is an ebay listing with pictures of it. Anyone have any reviews of how they like thiers?

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
Yup I have one. It clears my intake no problem and fit under the hood. Only thing is you have to take off that coil pack cover, you know the black plastic thing that says Turbo 24 valve intercooled.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
I had one a while back. It fit just fine. I replaced it with a JIC that I got a smokin' deal on though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
will the megans work with the TEMS suspension?

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
Not wanting to start shit but these Bars are 9 parts useless in our cars...
(thanks to SR49 for the great pic)

Shock load/force is along the blue line as our cars are double A Arm suspension so there are minimal side loads/forces being transmitted to the shock towers.

"A" becomes a pivot point allowing the force to deflect along the red arc line.

Any "improvement" is likely to be the placebo effect, If the Bar had 2 or more bolts one above the other it would make much more sense or with some Triangulation back to the firewall but as is it's just a pretty Chi Chi.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did not tell any difference in body flex after putting it on. The guy before me had it on the car and when I did the swap I drove the car without it. Then when I put it on I felt no difference. As IJ said since are cars are double wishbone sups. this bar is basically just for looks.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hehe, well, i guess it is cool, but sucky at the same time, i might try to get out of the one i bought. I really thought it looked more like the TRD MKIV ones, but when it is installed, it really isn't that different. I guess it does look better then the really cheap ones.

Oh and supraracer, nice engine bay pix. Looks great! :)

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Not wanting to start shit but these Bars are 9 parts useless in our cars...
(thanks to SR49 for the great pic)

Shock load/force is along the blue line as our cars are double A Arm suspension so there are minimal side loads/forces being transmitted to the shock towers.

"A" becomes a pivot point allowing the force to deflect along the red arc line.

Any "improvement" is likely to be the placebo effect, If the Bar had 2 or more bolts one above the other it would make much more sense or with some Triangulation back to the firewall but as is it's just a pretty Chi Chi.

Ian

you are correct. Anyone with even simple science would know that but then we would not have these real life "placebo in effect" experiments ;)

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
they work to an extent. I live in South Texas where there are many shitty roads amongst us. There was a slight difference in body flex from when i installed the strut tower bar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts