Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Good GOD that Camaro sounded MEAN! Anyone know the name of that song and artist playing in the clip? Pretty badass music!

·
Registered
273 Posts
i wanna give props to the Stealth. Its cool as hell to see people making these cars quick. Oh and Mellon didn't you build the car yourself, if so kudos to you my friend i couldn't imagine doing anything to that car with that cramped engine bay

·
Registered
237 Posts
If I had that camaro I prolly woulda gone with a smaller turbo since only 5.5psi was being used :)

Both cars sounded good IMO, both very quick. I'm really suprised the Camaro did so well from a roll with a TH400 and that big stall, I'm sure it gets down the 1/4mile just fine.

We recently had a single turbo T/A make 650rwhp @ 10psi with VERY low timing and really rich (new motor being broken in and what not)... Built motor and a 6spd, blah blah...

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Laser90 said:
i wanna give props to the Stealth. Its cool as hell to see people making these cars quick. Oh and Mellon didn't you build the car yourself, if so kudos to you my friend i couldn't imagine doing anything to that car with that cramped engine bay
thanks man and yes, I did it all except for the transmission work.. I cracked open that case and shut it right back up :wtflol:

·
supravideo
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm cursious.. I typically don't do any roll racing but hear me out on this:

two identical cars, one weighs 4000lbs, the other 2800lbs, they both have the same horsepower at the wheels and kick it down at the same time going from 50 to 150. How much difference is that weight really going to make?

some speculat that because it's going from a roll it's all but a non issue. I find that hard to believe.. my car feels way faster when I drop off the passengers and when I pick up a 200lb passenger it feels like a turd again.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mellonpopr said:

two identical cars, one weighs 4000lbs, the other 2800lbs, they both have the same horsepower at the wheels and kick it down at the same time going from 50 to 150. How much difference is that weight really going to make?

some speculat that because it's going from a roll it's all but a non issue. I find that hard to believe.. my car feels way faster when I drop off the passengers and when I pick up a 200lb passenger it feels like a turd again.
think about the equation F=ma where F = force, m = mass, and a = acceleration. Now re-arrange it to make a=f/m. To increase acceleration (when you start from a roll, a=0) in a situation where Force is fixed (i.e. your engine output), you have to decrease weight...

So yes, weight definitely does have an effect even in roll-on racing, but the effects are not as obvious as speeds get higher since at those speeds, aerodynamic drag, gearing and the powerband of the car play a bigger roll.

Look at the Lotus Elise and Exige. Quick cars espcially when you consider that they only have 190HP at the crank, yet they are able to pull 100_mph traps... How? weight... At elevated speeds though (i.e. above 100mph), they struggle because weight isn't as big a factor at those speeds as drag, gearing and whp).

G

·
[B said:
Mellonpopr]one of the new songs from tool[/B]
Any idea on the name of the song? And also, as someone else stated, it really shows how much power that Camaro was making to be able to do that well from a roll with that TH400 and big stall. Props to the Stealth too, those cars are REALLY heavy....you dont see too many really quick 3/S cars these days. I've always liked them a lot!

·
Bored User
336 Posts
The 3/S National Gathering is going on from the 14th-18th, so you may see some quick ones that you didn't know of. Included in the 'lineup' will be Ray Pampena's 87x awhp car from NY... he's driving that bitch there (to St. Joe, Michigan) with hopes of being able to still drive it back!

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Mellonpopr said:

Those people are on drugs. 200 lbs makes a huge difference and so does the awd setup vs his rwd. If weight wasn't an issue then manufactures wouldn't redesign cars/motorcycles in an effort to shave weight here and there.

Cool video, I can't even imagine what a 3si car with twin e316g's feels like. And I love how the stealth rolls on regular rubber with all interor. Nice car.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mellonpopr said:

?

100 lbs ~ .1 second in the 1/4

so you tell me . . . .

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where does it say how much HP each car makes? I guess I missed that.

And have these cars actually been weighed or is it all just speculation?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts