Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so a bunch of punks from my school that are a grade below me challenge me to a race one thursday night. There driving a mercury cougar XR7 (not sure which year but its the 1990-1997 model) and me driving my 88 supra N/a with standard. There car is bone stock with auto mine with standard, K&n intake and dynomax ultraflow exausht. So they say there has a v-8 wich im assuming is the 5.0L in thoses cars but i have heard that the XR7 comes with a v-6 supercharged but they said it was a v-8 so whatever. So we go out to a good place to race they got like 3 guys in the car plus the driver and its just me in my car. we count down to 3 and go, I get a good launch and manage to stay ahead and win by 1 car length or so. So we decide to go for a rematch they drop off one guy at home and put another guy in my car so now we have 2 guys in each car. So we count to 3 and go this time he gets a good launch dead even with me and wins by about half a car length.

Have to admit i did farlly well in my N/a never though i was goign to stand a chance against this car. Though they want a rematch again sometime in the summer but by then hopefull I have a turbo heheeh then its should get intresting

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
heheh good killl ... hope you post your kill on him this summer when your MK3 is turbo :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
i love to see NA's represent, good kill

N

·
0 Posts
The XR7's got the low-po 5.0 liter engine....nothing crazy. I think they came in at a whopping 150 horse.

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Naked Raygun said:
The XR7's got the low-po 5.0 liter engine....nothing crazy. I think they came in at a whopping 150 horse.
that be impossible there like a 4100 pound car with 150 hp vrs my 3500lbs 200 or mabye 210 with mods car. They used the exact same engine as the mustang then when the stang switched to the 4.6L eninge so did the cougar its just a Mustang GT with a whole hell of alot more wieght dude.

N

·
0 Posts
Ok...

In 1990 the cars came with a 3.8L engine and optional 3.8L 5 Speed Supercharged (215 hp/315lb torque.)

In 1991 they came with the optional H.O. 5.0 (was wrong there)

In '92 Nothing changed except they got more "bling" for the 25th anniversary

In '93 the dropped the performance engine and came with 3.8's.

In '94-97 They got the 4.6L with very minor changes in the years.

There's really no telling what it had.

·
1,793 Posts
well he lost the first time but as soon as he dropped off some of the passenger he was craying he won by half a car length the second time.
No, the other car had 3 guys in it and lost. After they evened it up, he got his shit stomped, motherfucker!!

I had to clarify as that's been bothering me for a while.

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, the other car had 3 guys in it and lost. After they evened it up, he got his shit stomped, motherfucker!!

I had to clarify as that's been bothering me for a while.
holy shit old thread batman!!!!

i sold that car years ago and went boosted

·
My life for Aiur
571 Posts
That's got to be the slowest comeback in the history of SF.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts