Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my car.
Yesterday I dynoed it here in Ga, and the numbers were all:ky: up! This was the first time I dynoed it, and was running 93 pump gas.
BTW my car has stock twins. (read sig for mods)

At 14PSI I made 350RWHP SAE and 340 or something ft/lbs
Then I went to 18-19 PSI and low and behold THE SAME HORSEPOWER:eek: how can that be? but the tourqe jumped to 360

What could be the problem? HELP, ANYONE!!

Nick

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check to see if your selinoid is connected proporly. Or maybe you got massive retard from using pump gas. Did you reset the ecu after each pull?
Hope this helps.

Chris

·
Registered
157 Posts
That looks normal for 93 octane gas. When you dial up your boost to 18-19 psi you are not creating more horsepower, you will see your egt getting very high and also timing retart. If you realize when you are running 18-19 psi, your car doesn't feel very smooth compaired to 14-16 psi. What you need to do is get yourself some 100 octane and run 19-20 psi. You should see over 400 rwhp after.
just my 2 cents after dynoing my own car.;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try :D
Always looking for more ideas!!

One thing I have found is that I had a good sized leak on one of my IC hoses, could it still be showing 18 psi, but be leaking boost and loosing power? I mean there is a few BPU supras making higher HP with 93 isn't there?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boost leak must have something to do with it... mine made 350rwhp with the stock front cat on at 14psi.... Kevin...

·
666 Posts
What kind of plugs are you using??? And yes you can make over 400RWHP on 93 octane... Now on Cali's 91 I doubt it

Alpine97'TT6Spd said:
thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try :D
Always looking for more ideas!!

One thing I have found is that I had a good sized leak on one of my IC hoses, could it still be showing 18 psi, but be leaking boost and loosing power? I mean there is a few BPU supras making higher HP with 93 isn't there?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I didn't reply, was in TX :)
I had 3330 plugs in it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts