Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of us rolled in for the SEMA show over the weekend and Dave and I finally got to meet Jessica & Jennifer at the NHRA booth. It was great to meet them especially since we've seen Jess on the forums here for so long.
They were both very freindly and down to earth. ( Jennifer looks great in her new hair color ) Since Dave and I didn't go to TX with the rest of the guys it was cool to get a chance to meet them closer to home. The show was pretty good. A little on the small side though ( that seems to be a trend this year at shows ).
There were a few nice customs that had a lot of work done.
Here's one of the pics we took of dave with Jess :)

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
she looks very nice and healthy :)

I thought the show was good too. I hate to diss a Supra but why display a kinda rough around the edges not even cleaned up MkIV? I think that was a red one. An unfinished ...unstarted... work in progress?

I found out that my neighbor, a youngish kid no less, who's been at Pocono while I was also there for road racing venues, owns that Carrera GT that was at the show. He says he's had it out to Watkins Glen already but I'm hoping he'll bring it to Pocono next time we're there together. I'll beg him to let me drive it.

·
Sofa King We Tall Did
240 Posts
she looks just like a girl I know in baltimore.... Thats interesting.

Nice photo. Did you take any other photos of the show?

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nick: Let meknow when you guys run that thing at either track. I'm only about 1.5 hours away from Pocono and I know a full time racer who lives right next to Watkins Glen. I could always go up and visit my buddy plus it would be cool to check out your neighbors GT!

More photos: We'll we snapped pics of the Alpine BMW, the Custom Tucker, that crazy looking red custom ( forget what kind of car it started life as ) I'll host/post some some of the other ones tomorrow.

So is SEMA still an invite only show or are they now running a judged field along with it?
I've had two invites in the past to SEMA but both times the car wasn't ready :rolleyes:

·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
^^ she's 5'4. she always looks taller in her pics. her sister is a cutie too. but we had a good time considering we got there with only 45 minutes left in the show(we're such slakers!!). but HKS and turbonetics had some cool stuff on display. jon got some pics of what they had so i'm sure he'll put them up for you guys to see.

Dave O-

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
boosted9974 said:
^^ she's 5'4. she always looks taller in her pics. her sister is a cutie too. but we had a good time considering we got there with only 45 minutes left in the show(we're such slakers!!). but HKS and turbonetics had some cool stuff on display. jon got some pics of what they had so i'm sure he'll put them up for you guys to see.

Dave O-
thanks man.
glad you guys had a good time with so little time left there :)

·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
yeah, that was the only thing that sucked. plus mike and brenden were supposed to come, but when we found out that the show ended at 7pm they bailed and we ended up meeting them later to do some boozing :bigthumb:

Dave O-

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Raretoy said:
Nick: Let meknow when you guys run that thing at either track

I'll let you know, Jon, I'll PM you and post here. I've already contacted him via email to follow up and his business has been mostly focused on Euro stuff and he would be glad to have a Supra project in the group :) Btw, he's a Jon, too.

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
It was great meeting you guys as well.. Even if it was only a quick meet and greet :) I hope you guys enjoyed the little bit of the show that was left.. Emily never came by :( hopefully i will get another chance to possibly meet her and Alyssa...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Raretoy said:
More photos: We'll we snapped pics of the Alpine BMW, the Custom Tucker, that crazy looking red custom ( forget what kind of car it started life as ) I'll host/post some some of the other ones tomorrow.
It was a 240. I thought the Tucker and that 240 were among the best there. The morons i was with didn't know what a Tucker was. The alpine 6 series was Crazy...shoulda seen their X5 last year though :)

·
Banned
977 Posts
Like you guys I was able to meet Jess & Jennifer. It was nice to meet both of them and hopefully I will be able to meet everybody at another event. I will get my pics up asap. The red supra is a members on here and he is from Ohio. I'll let him post if he wants. But he was there due to sponsors request, if I am correctly informed. BTW guys thats also his DD and was not in there to be judged. They put him inside due to the weather.

Who's Alpine wide body TRD was that ? What about the RSP?

·
Banned
977 Posts
Alex D said:
You sure it wasn't quicksilver widebody. If it had NY plates it was pane2k.
Might have been... Just remember seeing a silver widebody MKIV... (Since it was the only one there I'll assume that was him).

Both are nice cars.

I spoke to one of the guys sitting by the RSP and he said that it was pushing ~600Hp. I dont have a problem believing that, but he also said the owner of the shop also has a MKIV pushing low 8s. Anyone confirm or disprove this?
All I could think of was... :ugh2: :gtfoslap:

·
Banned
977 Posts
Alex D said:
Fastest in that area of town is Albert Diaz with a 9.13 if you don't count bullish racing. That is the NJ/NY area.
Thnx. I had my doubts...

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
supragrl93 said:
It was great meeting you guys as well.. Even if it was only a quick meet and greet :) I hope you guys enjoyed the little bit of the show that was left.. Emily never came by :( hopefully i will get another chance to possibly meet her and Alyssa...

Hopefully there will be another show this season where Alyssa and Emily can meet you and Jennifer. Are you and Jennifer doing any races / shows at Maple Grove this season? I forgot to grab one of the schedules you had. If not before maybe we can all meet up at the next Spring Break Tuner. Alyssa should be doing another shoot here soon with the new motor we just completed so I will post up some new pics after the shoot. We ordered some 'Racer Girl' outfits for the shoot :naughty:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts