Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know when you take apart your engine you usually find some shavings in your oil pump. But I drained my oil a few weeks ago and finally got around to putting it in a bigger bucket and the bottom of the container i used was like coated with metal shavings. I mean we're talking probably a solid handful.

How serious is this, I've never really changed oil before so I'm not too sure how bad this is. I've attached some pics. You can see the metal lumped up in the bottom of the container.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
That's probably your bearings. Really tho, has the engine behaved differently? Made any wierd sounds? That metal is coming out of the engine, and unless you feed more into it, something inside is dying badly.
eric

·
Registered
229 Posts
Lord Mike said:
I know when you take apart your engine you usually find some shavings in your oil pump. But I drained my oil a few weeks ago and finally got around to putting it in a bigger bucket and the bottom of the container i used was like coated with metal shavings. I mean we're talking probably a solid handful.

How serious is this, I've never really changed oil before so I'm not too sure how bad this is. I've attached some pics. You can see the metal lumped up in the bottom of the container.

:wtflol: :bowdown:

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Uh-Oh, <<<<shakes head>>>>

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
Oh man. Looks like you might need an engine overhaul.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha wooohooo! lol.

Well the engine has been behaving fine,considering it hasn't been run in about 8 months. I had some exhaust leak going on but I didnt have time to fix it. So while I was driving it I heard a really loud leak and pulled over at my aunt's house. I got lucky, it happened right outside her place. Then all of a sudden my engine was hopping around like no tomorrow.

Later on I got a chance to check it out and it seemed my exhaust manifold was loose on the head. So I tried tightening the bolts but they just kept spinning. Sooooo Helicoil time. At the same time I had a sneaking idea that one of the plugs was done. I checked em to find one of them no longer gapped lol. God knows what caused that, So I replaced it and the engine ran smoothly except the exhaust flying up out of the manifold.

So now here I am months later still working on it cuz I only get maybe an hour a week and I don't know shit about cars lol. So you guys think before I start her up again I should overhaul the engine? mind you I don't have that sort of time or money.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
wow do you even have filter in that car

i am sencing rod nock is going to be coming and nocking at your front door

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Hmm. that looks to be A LOT of metel to come out of a motor.

I say keep driving it. I'm guessing its not making any noises, such as knocking or anything. That metal wasn't in teh bucket prior to draining was it??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yah know I'm not sure if the guy who ever had the filter before me ever changed it. So maybe its just wear and tear with a done filter?!? Hehe.

·
Buddy thought I had a NA
2,476 Posts
change you oil again see if oil meatl comes out

if ti does then i whoudl save some money for the near furtue or you cna just drive tit ot ground

·
Banned
77 Posts
damn... that's not good news man... you ssay that you don't know that much about engines or anything... MYSELF, I would keep my car no matter what god awful thing happened.... but if you're not TOO attached to it, you can always run it to the ground and part it out on eBay! :( Supra Deaths make me sad :(

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just because I don't know shit about cars doesn't mean me and my friend aren't stupid enough to buy a new engine and put in ourselves. It aint dying.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Lord Mike said:
Just because I don't know shit about cars doesn't mean me and my friend aren't stupid enough to buy a new engine and put in ourselves. It aint dying.
Thats what i like to here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts