Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fooling around tonight with methanol on and off and discovered the following in case any of you are wondering

Kit: Dereks progressive
-Sureflow pump (becoming standard)
-m15 nozel
-steel line

Car:
-Bigger single turbo
-aem supra turbo mkiv

AT 15psi I must take out 13% fuel from the base map when meth is activated to equal the same air fuel ratio of 11.1:1
My mixture is aprox 80meth/20water. If it was 100% meth i would probably have to pull 16% fuel to have the same 11.1:1 air fuel which i was shooting for.

I've heard of guys claiming cutting 25% fuel is required for the same air fuel values on their car. But they are using a non-progressive kit (on-off) using 100% methanol and some of them were DSM automobiles. They were running high horsepower ones to. One was doing 10.9 @131 on pump + meth alone. 33psi with 8.5:1 compression which is the same for us supra guys.

Cliff notes:::
Using
m15 nozel + sureflow pump
Cut 16% fuel for 100% methanol mixtures progressive kit
Cut 25% fuel for 100% methanol mixtures full 12V non-progressive kit

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i run a progressive kit and at WOT about 20% of my fuel is pure methanol. usually around 25psi or so. i have to pull a ton of gasoline as my AFR's will be too rich. i had this dyno verifed and lost a 100rwhp due to the meth coming on extermely rich.

G

·
What boost do you have your meth start spraying? on/off or progressive? Since you have an AEM, what happens to your timing when your meth comes online?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
turbo6speed said:
What boost do you have your meth start spraying? on/off or progressive? Since you have an AEM, what happens to your timing when your meth comes online?
I have mine turn on at 7.5psi or so.

When the meth turns on i don't adjust the timing at all.
I was also trying to see if the car pulled harder with meth on vs meth off with the same timing and air fuel. Felt pretty close by the way. I was more focused on finding the right fuel percentage and looking at the boost gauge than noting power increases/decreases.
15psi = 16.5 degrees timing
22psi = 15 degrees timing
25psi = 14 degrees timing
29psi = 13-14 degrees timing
These timing numbers are around peak torque and typically the bulk of the powerband

·
Registered
707 Posts
AEM controls 100% meth, just a tad bit bigger than a M15 nozzle. Comes on at 14 psi, advances timing 4 degrees. With 850 injectors I have to pull about 22% fuel to get afr to 11.7.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill P said:
AEM controls 100% meth, just a tad bit bigger than a M15 nozzle. Comes on at 14 psi, advances timing 4 degrees. With 850 injectors I have to pull about 22% fuel to get afr to 11.7.
What PSI are you peaking on these pulls?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts