Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but got caught in the whitescreen hell.

Anyone Methanol/Water injection users happen to use Denso Iridium plugs with success?

I have ran Meth/Water for a while with good results... but after my last upgrades, I installed a set of Denso Iridiums instead of my usual NGK 6097's. I think they were IK22's or 24's. I forget. Now, I sense a little hesitation when building boost.

I have read that Iridiums do not like nitrous... but I was wondering about Meth/Water injection?

I am running Derek's kit at close to 50/50 with an M15 nozzle.

Thanks.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
coilpacks

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
garagefujimoto said:
You could always go back to the 6097's, they are very very inexpensive and make as much power as any sane man would need

:wtflol: WTF are you talkin' about?!!??

Plenty people say I'm insane and I really like the 6097's too.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I've been using IK24's, but I pulled them recently and one plug was missing a lot of the ceramic insulator. Might have been a freak thing, but I'm hesitant to go back to them. 6097s are back in the car. Luckily, no change in the compression so the ceramic didn't tear up the cylinder. The other five plugs looked normal. The first thing to suspect would be knock that damaged the plug, but I run mild boost and spray 50/50? Other than that, no problems with iridiums and the methanol that I noticed.

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Plenty people say I'm insane and I really like the 6097's too.
yeah..if you changed them and it gets worse, reverse it...

We have NGK 6097 in a 1JZ and a 96 CBR900 could not get past us
Seems to work :gaysex:

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coil packs are brand new. So are clips, ignitor, pretty much the whole ignition. I will switch back to the 6097's and see what happens. I am currently out of town and thought I would see if anyone had the same experience.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would get ignition break up with I24's about ~24 psi. I switched back to 6097's and they work great to 34 psi. I have DLI and run 100% meth.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
Bill P said:
I would get ignition break up with I24's about ~24 psi. I switched back to 6097's and they work great to 34 psi. I have DLI and run 100% meth.
same here. IK24's kept breaking up so the tuner put 3330's in and they were fine all they up to 33psi and still going strong. The gap is really small though.

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
Ive run my IK24's with 25psi on a meth water 80/20 mix and no probs. I tune on my 6097's then pop in the IK24's so im not messing them up since they are more expensive. Dunno if they make a difference though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm jsut stating what I saw. In my case it coud have been a bad I24 plug but they broke up above ~24 psi. I changed pugs straped down to the dyno with 6097s and could hit 34 psi. I've stuck with 6097 since.My car always sprays meth over 14 psi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts