Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading few things about the progressive Methanol kit and I decided to get it. Mostly to run more boost on pump gas.
I'm NA-T running 15psi of boost on pump gas (max) because any more boost will cause my timing to go down (using techTom to check timing). At 15psi on pump gas my timing is at 18-20 degrees.
Now for the track I turn up the boost to 23psi with c16 race gas and my timing is at 17-19 degrees, any more boost and my timing will drop a bit so I keep it at 23.
Now my question is, for track mostly will 50/50 Meth/Water mix injection be better than plain c16 race gas at any given boost level to keep my timing in check? Or even 100% Meth injection be better than plain c16 race gas? What about c16 race gas plus Meth injection?
My maim goal is to try to run more boost than 23psi at the track and keep my timing at around 17 or better.
Hope this is clear.
Thanks

--Oliver

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Your car is pulling timing at just over 23psi on Straight C16?? This is the real question...straight C16 can handle the biggest turbos running way more boost....

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
you know, i'm not sure, but .. do you have any more pics of your car? that thing all blacked out like that looks badass. the geocities site in your sig is down?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Something's wrong and it might not be the lack of octane.

Philly Single said:
Your car is pulling timing at just over 23psi on Straight C16?? This is the real question...straight C16 can handle the biggest turbos running way more boost....

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Philly Single said:
yeah.. its kinda weird... I don't know if its becasue the NA ECU is different or what. But according to the TechTom at 23psi I'm timing is at 17-19 and goes down a little if I run more.
Here are the specs of my car

NA-T 95 5spd
VPC, AFC, compresion to 8.5:1, 550cc injectors, Walboro fuel pump, SP-60 Turbo, Jacobs Ignition system

I'm not sure if there is something wrong but thats what the techtom reads.

I haven't tried to reset the ECU and see if the techtom reads iferently.. I guess I should.
Any idead?

--Oliver

·
I smell C-16 ;D
639 Posts
You guys have to remember that an N/A has more compression than a tt and thus less boost can cause knock. Yes water/meth injection will help. Drew

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would assume the 550cc injectors could be a problem. Maybe your running out of fuel not octane.

Also, isn't the TT motor 8.0:1? Could that extra compression be a contributing factor?

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
65vette396 said:
You guys have to remember that an N/A has more compression than a tt and thus less boost can cause knock. Yes water/meth injection will help. Drew

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...however - he stated he's running 8.5:1 compression that is = to the TT compression.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Philly Single said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...however - he stated he's running 8.5:1 compression that is = to the TT compression.
The compression of the NA with varying head gaskets is kind of up in the air.

Oliver: What headgasket did you use? Have you done a compression test? Its possible the headgasket may not be lowering your compression as much as you might think.

Now on the side note from what I have read this methanol/Water injection should work but I would only use it for drag racing. Any kind of road racing you might find it tough to run when you are limited to the liquid in your trunk. But for drag racing I would say give it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts