Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on stock 91 octane fuel and have been using meth/water injection system to help run my stock twins in terms of lowering intake air temp, increase overall fuel octane. This allowed me to run higher boost and more timing, BUT I wonder if it can do more....

we know that e85 is a great combination with larger turbos as the fuel creates more exhaust volume than gasoline fuel and therefore reduces turbo lag overall. Does incorporating meth/water injection create a similar effect of increasing overall exhaust volume and therefore reduce turbo lag? This is more theoretical in my mind and not something I see people discuss much about.

I just bought a set of gt28r hybrid twins and am contemplating whether meth/water injection system pre transition can help with turbo lag.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a given that e85 will do more than methanol injection system, but the question is can methanol injection help decrease lag to some degree like ethanol does.

I am injecting ~950cc/min of fluid at 60+% methanol on/off mode. It’s comparable to another stock USDM’s injector’s worth of methanol. With stock injectors are 100% capacity, 1/6 fuel ratio of methanol would be added and the ratio would increase at lower duty cycles.

Again, something to thing about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts