Supra Forums banner

541 - 543 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
I may be wrong, but it seems like most people are controlling their meth setups with a vendor-supplied pump controller. For example, the AEM also does safety - too-high or too-low flow will trigger an alarm output.

Anyone controlling it directly from a standalone ? Seems like you would need one output for the pump (PWM for fine control ?) and an input for the flow. Wouldn't be too hard to calibrate a flow-sensor for the extremes of plugged nozzle (low flow) or hose-popped-off (high-flow).

Where are most mounting their tanks ? I see a lot of rear-hatch area mounts, but yuck ... If you're single with the intercooler piping dropping straight down (not through fender area) then that fender area would be a great spot. Would need a tank with an angled filler neck that could poke through the stock SMIC piping hole, which could look really stock-stealth ...

·
Registered
163 Posts
I may be wrong, but it seems like most people are controlling their meth setups with a vendor-supplied pump controller. For example, the AEM also does safety - too-high or too-low flow will trigger an alarm output.

Anyone controlling it directly from a standalone ? Seems like you would need one output for the pump (PWM for fine control ?) and an input for the flow. Wouldn't be too hard to calibrate a flow-sensor for the extremes of plugged nozzle (low flow) or hose-popped-off (high-flow).

Where are most mounting their tanks ? I see a lot of rear-hatch area mounts, but yuck ... If you're single with the intercooler piping dropping straight down (not through fender area) then that fender area would be a great spot. Would need a tank with an angled filler neck that could poke through the stock SMIC piping hole, which could look really stock-stealth ...
The best way to control the flow would be to have the pump come on full blast (pressure switch or EMS output to a relay etc.) and PWM a nitrous/methanol solenoid to control the flow, as a safety I would add a pressure sensor to the methanol delivery line.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My ProEFI controls my 50/50 meth injection. I have the mix in my windshield washer reservoir because I didn't want a big tank in the back of my car. I get two to three tankfuls of gas for each gallon of meth/water if I'm getting on it a lot. If I go easy, then it lasts a lot longer.

541 - 543 of 543 Posts