Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently a friend of mine had a methanol kit do damage after car was parked on a down hill slant. Apparently this caused a siphon effect filling the intercooler which led to big problems. Im not sure if Josh has posted up here about this yet or if he even wants to. I will let the details of exactly what happened up to him. But I was just wondering if this ever happened to any members before with the trunk mounted tank, and if so whats the best way to insure it won't happen. I was about ready to get a kit but want to be sure this doesn't happen.

( Josh, if you rather I not even bring this up I will delete but im hoping to get feedback so that I can insure it won't possibly happen again )

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
sounds like a design/product/ or user error.

Should have an arming switch that will not let any meth come through, reguardless if the car is parked upside down.

·
Boost Junkie
12,625 Posts
My friend Supra400hptt had a similar problem. Luckily no damage though as he caught it. His methanol system relay went bad and filled his intercooler with 1 gallon of methonal.

Steve K.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
sounds like he forgot to install his check valve or he is using a pump that isn't a diapraghm type.

By the way, that isn't any kind of hurtin. Try sucking in a few tablespoons of water into one cylinder, now that's a hurtin. Bent rod kind of hurtin.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I ditched the progressive relay set up and just use a regular relay triggered by a rpm switch now. The siphoning is another issue and I haven't had that problem using the washer tank yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts