Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a methanol kit soon and had a few questions..

I am looking at the cooling mist kits and noticed you can activate the water/meth injection based off of boost levels between 1-25psi...Would it be best to simply control the injection that way (seems by far more simple) or utilize my aem and have the aem control it?

Considering I will likely be running a 61mm or a 67mm turbo (around 25psi) with pump gas 93oct and 50/50 mix of methanol about how much hp would that safely support?

My goal is to be around 550-600rwhp on 93oct and 50/50 mix...

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I am looking to purchase a methanol kit soon and had a few questions..

I am looking at the cooling mist kits and noticed you can activate the water/meth injection based off of boost levels between 1-25psi...Would it be best to simply control the injection that way (seems by far more simple) or utilize my aem and have the aem control it?

Considering I will likely be running a 61mm or a 67mm turbo (around 25psi) with pump gas 93oct and 50/50 mix of methanol about how much hp would that safely support?

My goal is to be around 550-600rwhp on 93oct and 50/50 mix...
Both. You can use the AEM to control it to come on at whatever boost level you like. Thats how mine is setup.

·
Registered
707 Posts
As stated above, use the aem to activate the spray and control the afr. Mine comes on at 140 kp. Note you will still need a full fuel system upgrade to archive 550-600 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
As stated above, use the aem to activate the spray and control the afr. Mine comes on at 140 kp. Note you will still need a full fuel system upgrade to archive 550-600 rwhp.

Not necessarily. It depends on how much meth you are injecting. On my kit, I'm pulling out 30% fuel to reach an 11.0 a/f target. I run twin nozzles, an M10 and an M15. I would still advise a full fuel system too, however it is not a must depending on a few things.

Tim

·
Registered
327 Posts
Actually thats not true, as I've trapped 132 on stock fuel/meth injection and pump gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts