Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Methanol injection installs / pics/ details

Methanol injection is an on going topic in these forums, but yet there is still little information on what almost seems to be a taboo subject at times. I have been monitoring individual accomplishments since Derek brought this to light in 04. It would be nice to see some installs and details as to equipment placement and what works on the Supra. This is an excellent thread: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267257 But physical details of the install are left out. For the record... my system is composed of a Coolingmist 150 PSI Shurflo pump, M7 & M10 nozzle (not sure which I will use yet), EngineRunup on/off solenoid (to prevent leaking), and is controlled by one of the outputs on my MAP ECU. I would like to install the pump and possibly the tank in the rear of the car, but it must be stealty. Does anyone have details as to what works and what does not in the Supra?

Thanks in advance!

Brandon

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Good thread.

I installed it on my Typhoon and as soon as I'm turbo on the Supra I'll post more specifics on the install.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm running dereks progressive kit w/ the pump and tank in the hatch. I'm also running the map ecu and want to use one of the outputs to control the meth. Do you have any problems with bogging down or is it ok if it is set at a high boost level?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I created a circuit that allows the Map ECU to control the output to the Meth. It is a Derek style meth kit with progressive flow. Anyone interested email me @ [email protected]. I will send you the JPG of my circuit. Plus you guys can double check my logic setup.
I cant remember my FTP username so if someone wants to post the JPG let me know.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
kdahm said:
I created a circuit that allows the Map ECU to control the output to the Meth. It is a Derek style meth kit with progressive flow. Anyone interested email me @ [email protected]. I will send you the JPG of my circuit. Plus you guys can double check my logic setup.
I cant remember my FTP username so if someone wants to post the JPG let me know.

I can host it for you and post it up here. PM sent.

G

·
You have 3 m15 nozzles??? how much power are you supporting on what gas???

Spoolin Turbo said:
derek told me that as long as the nozzle is higher than the tank then you are fine and that the pumps have a check type system built into them to let the fluid through.
My nozzle is 3x the M15

G

·
does anyone have any safeguard ideas for a stock ecu boost triggered setup? Ideally, i'd like to kill power to my EBC to revert to wg spring if I run out of meth. I have a low meth level trigger led but not sure how to take it to the next step?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You can wire in a gm selenoid to limit boost if there is no pressure. Derek made up diagrams on how to wire everything.

I've got the pump under the headlight. I bolted a piece of plastic cutting board to stock holes down there, then the pump is held to to plastic with screws (no drilling into the car).

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shupore, what tank are you running in the hatch?

kdahm, email me the JPG to [email protected] and I will post it.

supra400hptt, what tank are you using?

Does anyone now what happened to Derek's diagrams? I am trying to put in all of the failsafes possible. The more info, the less trial and error.

Thanks for the feedback,
Brandon

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm using the tank that came with dereks kit which is just like a container for juice or something. I have it ziptied to the rear of the hatch where the spare was along with the pump.

Is this the diagram your looking for iggy?

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Never mind.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have one that came with my kit but I'm not entirely sure what it does. Since it is between the trubo and wastegate, I'm guessing it opens the wastegate for less boost.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I already made one of these and fit it all into a computer power supply case. Looks nice and compact. Perfect fit for a cooling fan.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wondered if people were using "reverse current protection" diodes on these FET outputs on the solid state relay. I also wonder if this explains some of the high failure rates in the solid state relays that you read about from past threads.

Thanks for the diagrams

Brandon

·
Registered
446 Posts
Kdahm, so you're using two of the relay boxes that came with the progressive kit? Also, what is the cooling fan for and do you have any pics of ur setup?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts