Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got done with the 2nd blown headgasket for this car and i got it all back togather, at first it wouldn't start so i went through and tested several things. it turned out the grounds on the intake manifold weren't grounding so i fix that and it starts up. i let it warm up and take it for a spin. it was missing really bad so i come home and adjust the timing. start it back up and pull out on the road. i wasn't on the road for more than 5 seconds and the car dies. i start it back up and it's running like shit, the idle is realyl low, i'm having to give it some gas to keep it going, it's blowing black smoke out the exhaust, and when i give it gas it just doesn't go anywhere. i krept home at idle speed. luckly i didn't get far from the house. anybody have an idea at what the problem could be??

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
malloynx said:
how far are you from mooresville? i can fix any 7m. :)
i live in wilkesboro, it's about 45 minutes from winston and boone.
i'll check the ic pipes tomorrow on my brake from work or when i get off. i really hope it's just something simple like that. i was so tired when it happend that i took a brake from it for the rest of the day. and if it's an ic pipe it'll still run and just blow black smoke all the time cause it's running so rich?

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
big boost leak... probly forgot to put a clamp on somewhere and it wasn't on properly and blew off easily
i'd check that first

generally when at low speeds and idle the car will run somewhat but try to die when gassing it

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had something very similar occur and the only thing was wrong was that i didnt clamp the accordian hose down tight enough. it was slowly leaking and as it came off more the car ran shittier and shittier then wouldnt go. i saw it as soon as it blew off and i popped the hood. so prally check IC's.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
malloynx said:
how far are you from mooresville? i can fix any 7m. :)
im about to fly your ass out here and have you fix my damn car, cuz i have run out of ideas. :faint:

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah AFM is connected. i didn't get to checking the pipes today i was at work from 8am to about 9pm. mabye i'll have time tomorrow, but it might be wednesday before i can look at it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
i have a VERY similar problem after doing MHG too. I noticed it gets worse with temperature though: during winter I drove it around fine, up until like 4k rpm until it would be a bitch. With spring here and up to 80 degrees, it cant even go to the gas station without missing like crazy. Any ideas why its temperature sensitive????????
I swear its not the IC or the AFM, the check engine light is on and i blame the timing

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
if the cel is on then it will have stored a code, go to www.cygnusx1.net > supra > techtips > tsrm mk3 > efi > diagnosis
read up on that on how to do a diagnostic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts