Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BOSS GT61 Powered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a titan 2mm mhg and arp studs, i just put in a few weeks ago, but i gotta pull the head off again, i was wondering if it would be ok to reuse the mhg, and i took the lil rivets out so should i use that copper hg spray stuff and if so should i put it on every layer or just top and bottom? thanks

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
IMO, I would not reuse it. I would reuse it if it was a HKS stopper. But if you do reuse it, it is my opinion to use copper spray. And if you use copper spray, remove all rivets, clean completely the black viton stuff and then copper spray all layers.

Dennis

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
IMO, I would not reuse it. I would reuse it if it was a HKS stopper. But if you do reuse it, it is my opinion to use copper spray. And if you use copper spray, remove all rivets, clean completely the black viton stuff and then copper spray all layers.

Dennis

^^ I also agree. but then, Im not sure with the Titan Motorsports MHG coz I havent had any experience using them. but I do re-use Cometic MHG and Felpro MLS Headgaskets and I spray 'em with a good amount of Copper spray and they work fine. also, make sure you torque 'em at 85 (or even 90) lbs/ft.

aite, peace.

·
BOSS GT61 Powered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, i cleaned it real good and put a good amount of copper spray on every layer and torqued it down to 90 lbs. hopfully things will go well. now one more question i know u dont have to but would it be a good idea to retorque the head after its been ran?

·
Registered
257 Posts
90 is more then what ARP spent thousands testing... 80 is what is recomended from arp i think... i reused my hks 2mm 3 times..... just a even coat... is needed.... not a heavy coat of copper spray...

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Yes, after a few heat cycles, Generally, 500 miles is norm.

I torque mine to 90.

Reactions: debrucer1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts