Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AfriCAN AmeriCANT
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know i have short in my car but, would like any suggestions as to where to start.

symptsoms:

1.) if u drive the car for a day and let it sit for a day, sometimes over night, you'll need a jump to get it goin again. the battery gets completely drained.

2.) sometimes when u turn the lights off the left headlight goes up and down a couple more times before it finally goes down.

3.) when ur driving along and let out the clutch, at a light for instance, the rpms bounce between idle and a lilttle below idle for some reason.

there are 2 things i do know.

1.) when u try to turn on the inside light on under the passenger side it doesn't go on unless u move it a tiny bit towards the off position. otherwise it jus wont be on.

2.)there is wires right above the tire on the front passenger side that have been eatin through about half way by the tire. these wires wer origonally in one big blue cover. i don't however, think that has anything to do with my problems.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

****whoooooops wrong section. mods could u please move this to other cars****

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
Are your tires rubbing against your wiring harness under the front fenders?

·
Registered
199 Posts
In responce to the idle issues:

Does your car have a Idle Speed Controller or something like it? I know DSM's have problems with them.

Also, I see your vehicles are turbo charged, make sure you don't have any boost leaks.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts