Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
The picture show me using Mickey Thompson ET Street Tires however I'm curious to know if the Hoosiers HOOK any better ??? I have heard many different stories and 60' responces..... Anyone out there that has tried both !

· **** Tuner
835 Posts
I run the MT's i have heard that the Hoosiers last a bit longer but i have no personal experience with them..

-Sam

· 9's Club
7,395 Posts
They are both capable of hitting 1.3s 60ft times, MTs are more popular in the supra community, but I personally run hoosiers because they are a bit more stable than the MTs in topend, but you really can't go run with either one for DRAG slick.

As far as DOT approved or cheater slick, everyone that I know that has run the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's always likes them better than the comparable M/T tire.

· Registered
1,421 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any reason why the choose the Hoosier over the Mickey thompson? You probally deal with lots of questions.... Befoer I switch slicks again :( i want to make to correct purchase for the final time...

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Yeah .... It should be done by Monday. I will give you a smoke show running 8's. Remember the boost line leak on both 9sec passes and trans fulid on the tires running Big Daddy :) I hope they will stick for now because I dont want to by a drag set for my STREET CAR !

· WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
9,209 Posts
Haha. Good thread, I especially like the self-plug by posting up your car pic. :)

All Az. Supras swear by the et streets and have run them for YEARS. I've seen them deep into the 9.xx like 9.6 or so.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The time of the pic was without a trans break and spraying out the hold from a foot break, I'm trying to figure out if ( as my tunner thinks ) I'm gonna smoke the tires after installing the trans break in the newly installed 4L80E tranny and still use the Mickey Thompson ET Street tires. I hope they hook as good as the they this weekend and pull out ET's little lower... we shall see

9,209 Posts
You will blow them off. Borrow a set of real slicks, or do what I always do. Rent them out for $50 a day. When my car is broke/down for maintenance, I always bring my slicks to the track and make quick, easy money. Hell I did it at SILV this past year.
BTW, I've driven a turbo and s/c s2000 and LOVE those cars. A2jz in one would be amazing. Hats off to you and keep up the good work

9,209 Posts
Sweet, I will take a pair of 26x11.5x16 et streets off your hands if you want to sell for a good price.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are a set of 28x11.5x16 not 26".... if you want them and I need to buy new one then we will talk. That was the only event I ran with them so they are brand new :)

· 8 sec supra chick!
3,030 Posts
I have run both Et Streets and Hoosier QT pro and the Hoosier was a thousand times better. More stable up top, waaayyy better hooking, better ET's and better 60's. Darin ran the ET streets for a whole NHRA season and was battleing getting down the track all season, then by the NOPI season he switched to the Hoosier QT pro and was able to put down a ton of power and go 8.75 on them with an 80mm turbo. The difference was huge! The only downside is the hoosier will not last as long as the ET street.

Now as far as a full slick, I prefer the M/T Et Drag.

· Southern MD Stig
786 Posts
I switched to the Hoosiers last year and i will never look back again. I notice in pic's the Hoosiers have more side wall flex it seem's too.
Jrock I forgot, the Hoosiers you're running are D.O.T. QT drag radials correct?

· Domestics Won't Dig Me!!
505 Posts
I have run both Et Streets and Hoosier QT pro and the Hoosier was a thousand times better.
Have to agree with you on that one especially since your used hoosiers ended up on Big Daddy's supra and he was able to run low 9's high 8's with them.
In the end a full drag slick is still way better when ultimate traction is needed.

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to look into what is available and get them switched I guess :( Im trying to stay with the 16" CCW rim until I realize that they ar not gonna work anymore. I use a large back spacing on the inside to get the 12" rim to fit the S2000 rear and can't get it done with a 15' rim (maybe it can). Thank you Jessica for darin and your information. Its helpful always getting to chat with the pro's .... :)

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes it was at the February event I saw Big Daddy with the Hoosiers. The sales guys at CCW was really pushing the Michey thompson ET Street espically with pics that showed tires being lifted off the ground on launching. Not dought they hook and up top its a little loose but controlable. We shall see whats in store!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.