Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting some of these made. This one is not madrel bent but the one's I'm having made will be. I'm going to dyno today or tomorrow and see what the gains are. If you are interested in one of these, please let me know: [email protected] Thanks and LMK

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you guys want one after I dyno, just let me know. I'll get back you on pricing, no more than $120 though.

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gained a .5 seconds with just this and a k&n replacement filter that had like 20K on it without being cleaned.

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure how much a high flow cat would add to the mix but I'll see. Thanks guys!!!

Ryan

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, dyno has to wait til next week. Place where I get dynoed at, dyno tech is out in Vegas for a rally thing I believe, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I know. :)

Ryan

P.S. That is a 2.75" pipe. Just FYI. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock was 16.2 in manu mode. Ran a couple of weeks ago and ran a 15.7 at 90.89mph with just the pipe in the pic and a k&n stock replacement. I've got video of the some runs (15.9). Sound really isn't much different than stock. Has a lower idle note but awesome at WOT. I'll get some sounds when I get it back on the car since it is currently off for inspection.

Ryan

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,251 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
I gained a .5 seconds with just this and a k&n replacement filter that had like 20K on it without being cleaned.

Ryan
correct me if im wrong, but dont you have the EGR done and coolant bypassed as well? i know you have more than just intake and exhaust.

just for the record...i ran a 16.3 and 16.2 in auto mode, so if your manu shifting the base time for the NA should be closer to 16.0, which means you gained closer to .3 or maybe .4 seconds.

you cant dismiss the EGR mod if you have that done...the difference in intake temp is huge, and can probably be attributed to at least a 10th or more.....i say this because when i completely boxed off my intake cone from the engine bay and opened up the air ducts i gained .25 seconds

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very true!!! I don't know how much the EGR gave me but I'd say it helped alot. TB Coolant may have helped a few degrees of heat but don't really know. I ran a 16.2 in manu mode so I myself gained .5 seconds over stock. Just to let everyone else know, I'm also working on a set of headers with equal length runners and an integrated high flow cat. You need to watch out BlackSupra93, I'm hot on your tail. ;)

Ryan

P.S. Let's see some pics of the custom air box. Also if the S-AFC tuned?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,251 Posts
for pictures of the heatshields (both header and intake, go here

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137165&highlight=heatshield+pictures

im faster with my headlight on with this setup go figure, AFC is tuned, and there is a pic of it mounted in my center console in that thread too.

my dyno graph is on nonturbo.com in the NA Supras section...

if you look at that youll see the trouble im having....loop on the dyno graph...take a look carefully, it translates into .67 of non acceleration on the track...so my times are not optimized. 15.2 was on shitty old tires too. i used up the tires on my 17's running a 15.4, went back with my slightly less worn 16's (~1/32 tread left) and pulled the 15.2....

this winter my car is getting a change of setup, trying to pick up an ATR exhaust (IM SELLING MY HKS DRAGER RIGHT NOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED), and im getting cam gears, a new timing belt and possibly pullies, then doing a complete retune...good things should come

·
Registered
706 Posts
i was going to just gut my cats but this seems to be easier.. i'll just gut the cats closer to the headers and be cat free :D .. put me down on the list for this midpipe..

catless makes it easy to shoot flames ! looks f'ing awesome .. one of my friends used to shoot them like a foot long on his auto na !

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The TT does have cats. The TT downpipe will delete both cats Derek, for us NA guys, this is not ideal. For us to have good performance, we need back pressure in the engine/exhaust to get ideal performance. I will also be testing out the TT rear section to see if the larger piping out back will help.

BlackSupra93: Good luck with the sale of your HKS Dragger. I'm also getting some things done this winter so we'll have to see who comes out on top this spring. :)

Ryan

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Thats actually my old mid pipe i miss it sometimes- so much that i am going to run another one just to get some tape of the car shooting flames and some track runs before i sell the car in 2 months. . the coolant bypass has be said to be could for about a 1/10 on the 1/4 plus making the intake temps more consistent and as for the whole your boys na auto was shooting flames (get tape of it btw)i wouldnt believe you unless a car i was racing told me i was shotting them a long while back when i was running the mid pipe;) nowadays i am running the stock cat which has to be a bottle neck on exhuast system but oh well- got to keep it street legal sometimes
i will have some dyno number and track time wtihin the next month or two before i sell the car ;( (why do enginerring degree's cost so much money )

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
Ryan. If you do a TT midpipe it only eliminates one cat. The other cat is directly on the N/A manifold. So if you bought a TT midpipe you would only eliminate one cat unless you had an aftermarket header.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts