Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '86.5 supra with no motor that i might end up selling soon. the car is in great shape inside and out and a 5spd tranny. if i do, it would be bout $500 to $700. i have also a 7M-GTE complete needs to be rebuilt. selling bout $300. i have no accerious ( alternator, power steering pump, etc. )

one reason why because, i need a running MKiii to start and learn with good miles and in good condition.

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
What work needs to be done to the motor? Is the car a Targa?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car is not a targa.
when i bought the engine from this guy, he heard some type of ticking sound from the engine. so he replaced it. the engine is complete with wire harness, turbo, intake, etc. just no belts, alternator, A/C, power sterring pump. he says the engine is a '87. i live in panama city beach, florida.

·
Señor Member
4,741 Posts
Do you have any pictures? What color is it?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the supra is black, actually more like a faded black.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i might want to buy your 86.5, i have an 88 na but its kinda haggard. is it hard to put my 88 supra engine in the 86.5 one?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 7mgte didn't come in the 86.5. Turbo wasn't offered until 87. If he gave you that motor to replace the old one, make sure you have an ecu and such. Also, the 7mge 5spd is the w58. The 7mgte 5spd is the r154. Which does the car have?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 86.5 is a 5 speed W58. the ECU that came with the 7M-GTE is a manual transmission. i'm buying a '87 turbo auto for $500 that runs, but runs rough. the '87 is in good shape but front seats is torn and the nose is raggy. so i would be swapping the seats and the nose off the '86.5 onto the '87. the 7M-GTE motor, i might take the turbo and couple others that i may need in the future. the car and the engine wont be up forsale till sometime in June. i will post it on this site when i do. i might sell the car and engine w/ wire harness and ECU for bout $600 to $800.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me talk to my mechanic friend...but I may be interested in buying that motor off of you. Say for like 250? I'd like to rebuild a motor...this is definately a maybe, but would you sell just the block and head, no accessories for around 250? Considering I live close enough to come and pick it up. Hmm....

-Cory

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
while we'ere on the topic, mines for sale too if the price is right, 89 n/a 5 speed targa, PM me for details/pics

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the engine has no accessories. everything is there and connected. yes i would sell the engine for $250/300.

Johnson, if you are comeing to PC June 1st, i'll show you the engine. i live bout 2 minutes away from Wal-Mart on Panama City Beach.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts