Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a 94 tt w/ 108k miles on it. The car is in great great shape. I am just wondering how many miles I can expect to get out of this stock tt engine, tranny (manual), and everything else? I just want to kinda know what will go boom first usually? I plain to add a few bolt ons, but thats it. The car will never be raced, for now.

I've also thought about purchasing a used lower mileage 2JZ-GTE engine for later. (I may end converting this 2nd engine to a single t) How hard is it to bolt up another 2JZ-GTE?

Also whats the most miles anyone has heard of on a stock tt Supra?

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
newone said:
I just purchased a 94 tt w/ 108k miles on it. The car is in great great shape. I am just wondering how many miles I can expect to get out of this stock tt engine, tranny (manual), and everything else? I just want to kinda know what will go boom first usually? I plain to add a few bolt ons, but thats it. The car will never be raced, for now.

I've also thought about purchasing a used lower mileage engine for later. (I may end converting this 2nd engine to a single t) How hard is it to bolt up another engine?

Also whats the most miles anyone has heard of on a stock tt Supra?

some guy here in FL has 188k on his block running 930+whp on a single turbo

im not sure if he has gotten his engine rebuilt or not maybe he'll chime in...cowboy bepop or something.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You car is sweet.

Thanks for the info. I have searched, but couldn't really find anything.

Anyone got a clue what it would cost to get a good shop to install a replacement 2JZ-GTE when this when goes down?

How long do the manual trannys usually last w/ easy driving?

·
TRNSFST
890 Posts
Mine has 120,000 on her, and my dyno was at 110,000 miles, I think.

My car was stock when I got it, and I don't know if the head has ever been off. My six speed is, of course, very stout still. You'll be pleasantly surprised about durability, as long as you keep up good maintenance:)

billy

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Do a compression check on the car. If the number are good, there is no reason to replace the engine. The 6 speeds will usually take any abuse you can throw at them. I rarely hear of one failing.

I think you will have to worry about the smaller stuff. The turbos will probably go if they are original. Its probably time for a new timing belt, water pump and hoses too. Check all the little stuff.

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
208k on original stock shortblock. Stock auto tranny replaced at 175k. Turbos upgraded (single) at 197k.

There is a BPU here in CA with 270k miles, on its second turbos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts