Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 569 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I just got the box of goodies from SP, and im a little overwhelmed. The pinout list is insanely long. This wiring is going to be the end of me!!!
just gotta remember wiring is really really easy!! point a to point b. keep a diagram and TAKE YOUR TIME!! good luck and god speed my friend

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Items I still need:

Red targa top

Coil cover (would like one with the front clear/cut out)

AC components (Everything but the compressor)

4 point camlock harnesses (2)

2 Nitrous bottles with mounting brackets, long braided line, and a Y adapter & two short lines to run two tanks

Aluminum battery box & circuit breaker

·
Registered
178 Posts
just the full race sticker alone got me scare,guys like me only dream to own one,,

good lo0king project man,keep up the good work;

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Wow ...this thing is gonna be nice.
gosh I hope so lol

just the full race sticker alone got me scare,guys like me only dream to own one,,

good lo0king project man,keep up the good work;
All the stickers are probably going to be removed. I am not a huge sticker fan. And I dont have a full race mani... the previous owner did.

·
97 HARD TOP
945 Posts
nice build man, your going to love that 80mm turbo. im running a gt4780 t6 frame. i personally think lag is over rated. i built mine just to have fun on the highway and man do i. gets kinda lonely always being in the front of the pack by yourself lol. youll see what i mean soon enough. look foward to updates

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Alright... so the first real "snag" came up when i changed manifolds. Bottom line is the one i got was a custom piece built by someone who had some mods done that I didnt have. Unfortunately I didnt know this, so i figured it would work just fine on my motor... WRONG! lol

Took some time and a lot longer than any manifold install should, but she is finally on. I had to make some custom hardware because a standard M10 nut did not work. Also I had to source a step down stud because the hillbillies that did the head must have stripped a bolt and then just tapped it out to M12. So I bought a stud from an off road racing shop which has a stud that steps a M12 down to an M10 like the rest of my manifold studs. finally the guy who had this before me had a solid motor mount. I did not, so I had to grind a little bit of the aluminum off of the motor mount bracket to get it to clear.

I hope that the rest of the build moves a lot smoother than this, because it was frustrating that every day i went to work on the car, something else didn't work. And unfortunately the car is about 1 hr away from where I live currently, so it was extra frustrating because of this. Anyway, the pics of the goods:

My $20 stud :( (min order from SOR offroad M12->M10 stepdown stud)

Custom nuts that I drilled and tapped to clear the manifold:

Water neck was ground down to clear the T6 compressor cover and repainted. I replaced the top stock hardware with an appropriate cap screw. You can also see the BALLIN $20 stud.. (closest to the water neck on the bottom row):

Prepped and ready to go on:

Final result... the manifold is on for the last time!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I want to thank "Will's Supra" for this top. It has been the BEST packaged item I have gotten thus far! Also he got it to me within a couple days!

Got the fuel rail inside so the o-rings would soften up and i could fit them in the titan fuel rail. -10 dual feed with a -8 return

41 - 60 of 569 Posts